8 Ways You Can Kickstart Your Weight Loss Journey Right Now!

Looking to start a Kickstart Weight loss Journey?
276

With over 6 months into the new year, you’re probably like many other people who have found yourself evaluating yourself to determine if you have lived up to your new years weight loss resolution. Maybe you, like many others promised yourself that you would lose 10 lbs by mid year or perhaps maybe you said you would start eating healthier and now that mid year has arrived you haven’t done any of the things you have set to achieve. While it may be discouraging to be midway through the year and still not seeing weight loss, theres still hope for your journey. Here are five ways you can kickstart your weight loss journey right now.

1. Eat Breakfast

Source: Greatist.com

Contrary to popular belief, skipping meals is not the way you lose weight. In fact, if you skip breakfast alone you are risking your ability to kick off your metabolism each day. Skipping breakfast causes your body to operate at a slower pace and the slower your body moves the more chances you are to overeat during the day. Dietitians recommend that when eating breakfast that you eat balanced, high fiber grains that also include fruit and protein.

2. Snacking Between Meals

Source: Womenshealthmag.com

Many people assume that eating in between meals could cause you to gain weight but in fact the total opposite is true but only if you’re eating healthy snacks. If you’re a busy 9-5 person or entrepreneur you may want to pack your snacks into small one serving containers to insure you’re not over consuming. Even over-consumption of the good stuff could lead to over eating.

3. Ask For Take Home Containers Before You Eat Out

If you are a person who usually overeats when you go out to dinner, ask for a to go plate before you begin your meal. This will make it easier for you to avoid overeating especially now that restaurant portion sizes are continuing to increase in size.

4. Eat With Your Non-Dominant Hand

Source: Vorply.com

This may seem a little odd but that’s the point. Eating with your non- dominant hand will not only be uncomfortable but it will stop you from eating too much during your next meal.

5. Drink Water

Source: Psu.edu

Most people don’t drink enough water during the day. Not even the biggest athletes in the world. Staying hydrated is not only great for your health but it’s also a great factor in helping you feel full especially when you’re experiencing hunger pains. Some experts even suggests that when you drink water as oppose to other high calorie drinks, you are allowing yourself the opportunity to be saved from empty calories. If you still are unsure how many glasses of water you should drink each day, start small. Consider drinking one glass of water with every meal and snack you have throughout the day.

6. Eat Whole Grains

Source: Livestrong.com

If you're having a hard time determine what types of foods you should eat, consider whole grains with low sugar. This will easily have you feeling much fuller while consuming less calories. It is also a great way to help your body in its’ fight against heart disease and other health problems.

7. Add in 10 Minutes of Physical Activity

Source: Girlsspecial.com

Studies have shown that adding 10 minutes of exercise in your day can jumpstart your weightless journey practically overnight. Additionally, exercise has also been known to have a positive impact on your metabolism. Bear in mind however, just because you are exercising more does not mean it’s now time for you to start eating more cupcakes.

8. Remember Why You Started

Ever heard the popular slogan, mind over matter? The same is true when it comes to weight loss. If you want to insure that you are losing weight at the pace you would like, remind yourself of exactly why you started your weight loss journey. Did you start because you wanted to be healthier? Did you start because you wanted to live longer? Whatever that reason is, continue to recall that one reason especially on the days that you feel like giving up.

Losing weight doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In fact, losing weight can be the beginning of your best life yet and how you handle it is solely in your hands.