60 Struggles Dancers Face After Surgery

60 Struggles Dancers Face After Surgery

You put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears to now do nothing.

99
60 Struggles Dancers Face After Surgery
Daily Mail

Imagine going from being able to work out every day and dancing twice a week to not being able to walk at all. Hip surgery is possibly the worst thing that could happen to a dancer. The struggle is too real.

1. People treat you as if you are dying.

2. It is pretty great having everything done for you.

3. Yet, you start to lose your independence.

4. Not being able to sit straight because your muscles may come out of place.

5. Walking on crutches is the worst thing to do.

6. After a while you feel like a pro and can crutch at high speeds.

7. But pretty sure you will have close calls and fall.

8. Going to sorority rush week on crutches is disgusting…but feel proud of yourself after the craziest week of your life!

9. Seeing the incisions are sickening…especially if you have a light stomach.

10. Working yourself up when you get your stitches removed.

11. Not being able to workout for six months.

12. Realizing you have to be careful what you eat…can’t gain weight when you can’t workout.

13. Being jealous of people working out or running.

14. Not being able to walk to class.

15. Waiting 20 minutes for the school golf cart to pick you up for class.

16. Not being able to wear high heels for six month.

17. Tennis shoes become your best friend.

18. Physical therapy will become tiresome.

19. The good thing at physical therapy is the cute doctor to look at.

20. But then you remember they have you walking on turf and carpet.

21. After a while it becomes expensive, so you stop going to physical therapy.

22. Finding online post surgery workouts that will hopefully work.

23. Still jealous of people running.

24. Can people stop sharing dance videos?

25. That is it! I have to workout.

26. You’re put in a musical for a dancing part…this should be interesting...and have you doing flips...

27. Your dance teacher asks if you will be start coming to class now.

28. Your body aches at the thought of dancing after being out for a few months.

29. But you get excited you can actually start dancing soon.

30. The urge to start dancing when you listen to music.

31. Getting tired at the thought of dancing.

32. After a while you start to feel better and is pain free.

33. But your body gives you a big reminder with pain all over.

34. Starting to give up at dance overall.

35. Thinking of a new life plan.

36. Starting to feel like an old woman because you can’t stretch as much.

37. Walking everywhere is a privilege that won’t be taken for granted.

38. The standard bicycle is becoming fun, but boring at the same time.

39. When you visit your doctor and they are expecting you to do intense weight training.

40. The day you finally go back to your dance studio for an all body workout.

41. When you leave your dance studio looking like you ran a marathon.

42. Being jealous of all the dancers that have their splits and you’re riding the struggle bus.

43. Still anticipating the day you can workout intensely.

44. Imagining how awesome and tiresome that first run will be.

45. Doing ab and arm workout are huge accomplishments.

46. Being afraid to do a little leap because you know you will re-injure yourself.

47. Finally able to do some cardio for a few hours and now be in pain.

48. Yoga will start to become a thing.

49. Hot yoga will be torturous, but got to get those muscles working again.

50. Trying not to cry when doing the splits because of the intense pain you are in.

51. When you do a little dancing and have no pain at all.

52. The joy telling your dance teacher this good news.

53. Then she asks when you will be back in class and you start to cringe at that thought again.

54. Realizing what a stronger person you are becoming because of this time process.

55. Leg workouts are starting to become easier.

56. Congratulations! You finally got your splits back that you’ve had your whole life.

57. Your doctor releases you to workout and dance again.

58. Celebrate with some Taco Bell and remember you can’t do that now.

59. Getting the momentum to finally go to dance class.

60. Walking into your dance studio with a new attitude and appreciation with dance.