7 Tips To Keep An Organized Planner

7 Tips To Keep An Organized Planner

"Failing to plan is planning to fail." - Alan Lakein

29686
7 Tips To Keep An Organized Planner
pexels

Keeping a planner is step one to staying organized, however it may be even harder to keep your planner organized. Here are a few tips to keep your life on track with organization.

1. Keep your planner updated

Don't be like Windows and take forever to update. As soon as you get a task, write it down. If you decide to wait to write it down, there's a large possibility you will forget to. There is nothing worse than showing up to class only to realize that you forgot to do the homework assignment given to you a week ago because you never wrote it down.

2. Write your schedule out down to the seconds if need be

I personally like to write my schedule out down to the 10-15 minute increment (not that it is needed to go that low.) Sometimes it just feels as though there are not even hours in the day to possibly get everything done. Set a specific amount of time for each task, and once that is up, move on and when you're done all together, come back to it. Writing it out like that may be more helpful than just writing out a list of tasks that need to be completed for the day.

3. Keep tabs for specific sections

Do you have a yearly calendar, monthly calendar, weekly calendar, notes, address book, and or an address book in your planner? Chances are, you have more than one. It's annoying having to flip through every single page just to get to a section in the back of your planner. Just attach a sticky tap to the corner of the page, that way you know exactly where that section is.

4. Color code tasks

Color coding your tasks can honestly save your life. There are also many different ways you can color code them. That's the first step you need to take when it comes to color coding. You could color code by the subject of the task, or the due date of the task. Those are two of the best ways to organizing what you need to do.

5. Avidly check tasks off

Make your own types of checks. Hopefully, you complete the task fully, but sometimes that just isn't possible. If you're anything like me, it is so soothing to see a check mark next to a task, even if it's not totally done. When you have the task partially or halfway done, just cross a slash through a little box next to the task. Once you complete it, write another slash to make an x.

6. Link it to your phone

You can't always have access to your planner. A good way to keep track of your planner without it is to use your phone. There are many apps, whether they already come with the phone or not, that can be used as a planner. There are task apps that you can keep track of and create lists. There are also calendar apps. Those would probably be the most helpful, even if you prefer a paper version.

7. Be consistent

It can be more confusing to try and look back a few days only to not be able to figure out your own planner. If you need to, sit down and on a separate paper write out all of your codes for what color goes to what task and what symbol means what. It is better to have everything clarified rather than to have you confused.