5 Songs That Help Calm My Nerves

5 Songs That Help Calm My Nerves

Drowning out my own thoughts.

295
5 Songs That Help Calm My Nerves

I've established in previous articles that I'm an anxious mess. My brain likes to argue with me, and that's never a good time for either one of us. One thing that helps me shut my brain up is music. In my phone I have a playlist called 'Calm Down' and it's compiled of a bunch of songs that help me to calm down, let my brain relax and slow my heartbeat to a regular rhythm.

These are some of my "go to" songs on my playlist.

1. Just Be Held- Casting Crowns

My mom introduced me to this song a few months back when I told her I was having a particularly bad week. I love this song so much and it really helps. It really reminds me to cast my cares on God and to just let him take the reigns.

2. The Sound of Silence-Disturbed

To be honest, I'm not really sure why this song helps. Maybe it's the lead singers voice, maybe its the solemn melody and overall idea of the sound of silence in general.

3. Oceans- Hillsong UNITED

I find it really ironic that I find this song soothing since the ocean generally scares me silly, but I find the lyrics so comforting. "my soul will rest in your embrace, for I am yours, and you are mine." call me crazy but those lyrics make me feel very safe and comforted.

4. Boldly I Approach- Rend Collective

I couldn't not include this song. It serves the double purpose of calming my nerves, and reminding me to be bold in all that I do. It's become a quick favorite, and the inspiration of my (not yet done) first tattoo. This song probably should have been number one on my list because it is always the first one I listen to when I'm not feeling like myself.

5. Rebirthing-Skillet

I'll admit, this is not a mellow song, it does not have a calming melody, but it illustrates how I feel when anxiety is consuming my entire head. This is sort of my "let it out" song. This song reminds me of breaking out of your own head, and that's a really good image for me.

**All of the videos attached above were compiled by users on youtube.