To My Cousin On Her Wedding Day

To My Cousin On Her Wedding Day

I wish you all the best.

7942
To My Cousin On Her Wedding Day
Cailyn Pacuraru

Saturday is your wedding day. It’s really happening, and I could not be happier for you. As I sit and reminisce about the time we’ve spent together, I am reminded of how important you are to me. You are about to embark on the next stage of your life. Everything is going to change for you, but I know that our relationship won’t. We’re both the oldest cousins, and we set examples for the others, but it’s you who I look up to.

It’s going to be a whirlwind of different emotions, dresses, flowers, pictures, guests, and I wish I could be there to experience it all with you. This will be the happiest day of your life—remember to breathe and take it in. Enjoy these moments and don’t get lost in the craziness of it. Everything will happen so fast, so cherish it all.

Maybe you’ll remember those who couldn’t be there with you to celebrate. These people will be there in spirit, smiling and laughing next to you just as they would if they were really there. They will always be there with you, and so will all of your family and friends as your greatest support system. You will officially become a part of a new family, but that doesn’t mean you still won’t be a part of ours. We might not see each other often, but you are still my cousin and you always will be.

Years from now, I hope you remember how fun this special day will be. I want you to tell me stories all about it and laugh about the one relative who danced too much or how you smiled so hard all day long your mouth was twitching for days. It’s easy to get caught up in the planning and stress, but remember this day for what it truly is: a testament of love and a union of families.

We are all so proud of you. Your friends, your family and especially me, are happy for you and proud of everything you have done. You have always been so confident and determined in all that you do, and you always made sure to accomplish your goals and dreams. For that, I look up to you. You are still so young, and you have achieved so much, that getting married is another thing for you and all of us to be so proud of.

I wish I could be there with you to hug you, fix your hair, help with flower arrangements, take pictures and dance the night away to celebrate your marriage. I wish I lived closer to you so I didn’t constantly feel like I was missing out on the biggest day of your life. I want to tell you how happy I am for you, not only because you have found someone to love and marry but that person in turn loves you just as much. I want you to know that even as I tear up while writing this, I have the biggest smile on my face because I know you are going to be just fine. I want to tell you how much I love you and how blessed I am to have you as a cousin.