22 Fictional Women I Aspire To Be More Like

For their morals, their sass and their compassion, these ladies are #goals.

885
MoviePilot

Remember the days when female writers had to write under a male pen-name so people would read their books? Same. I'm glad to be living in a time where there are not only so many strong female writers for books, the news, movies and TV, but equally as awesome female characters. My list could easily be endless, but here are just a few (in no particular order) that I aspire to be more like.

1. Blair Waldorf, "Gossip Girl"

Beautiful, classy, relentlessly honest, and a bucket of sass - what's not to love about Blair? She knows what she wants in life and stops at nothing to meet her goals.

2. Shoshanna Shapiro, "Girls"

"My life is a mess and I know that was a personal choice, but I feel like maybe it is time for me to unchoose that choice." Shoshanna is learning how to conquer adulthood one day at a time, reminding us that we all make mistakes from time to time.

3. Tina Belcher, "Bob's Burgers"

"Time for the charm bomb to explode."

4. Queen Clarice, "The Princess Diaries"

She probably majored in Dealing with Whatever Life Throws at You with Elegance and Grace.

5. Rapunzel, "Tangled"

“Clumsy and bit well, vague?” Rapunzel is the perfect amount of innocent, determined and free-spirited. Her ability to follow her dreams no matter the obstacles is an inspiration.

6. Grandma Annie, "The Proposal"

"Do you prefer Margaret, or Satan's Mistress?" I hope when I'm this old, I'm this cool. Faking my death to bring a family together is exactly the kind of shenanigans I hope to be getting into, young or old.

7. Molly Weasley, "Harry Potter"

Mom. Goals.

8. Dory, "Finding Nemo/Dory"

"What would Dory do?" In both films, she exemplifies that there is always another way, and that giving up isn't an option. Aside from being extremely lovable, her loyalty and determination to her friends and family is nothing short of beautiful.

9. Greta, "Begin Again"

This movie came to me at an important time in my life - after a breakup. Greta taught me that moving forward and living life for yourself is the most important thing you can do.

10. Olivia Benson, "Law & Order: SVU"

This eye-roll, though! Olivia is a strong female character in a "man's field," and she shows beautifully what it takes to conduct yourself seriously and with great empathy.

11. Beca Mitchell, "Pitch Perfect"

Okay, I might just be in love with Anna Kendrick. That aside though, Beca takes things in stride and knows when she needs to whip out the sarcasm.

12. Jess Day, "New Girl"

Anyone who can be brutally honest with themselves is a winner in my book. Jess really inspires me to own who I am, good and bad.

13. Kimmy Schmidt, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

"Females are strong as hell!" After being locked in a bunker for fifteen years, she maintains her charisma and is optimistic about all the world has to offer (even if being an adult is terrible).

14. Ms. Norbury, "Mean Girls"

When life sort of sucks, you gotta keep your sense of humor - Ms. Norbury does this wonderfully.

15. Kate Baker, "Cheaper by the Dozen"

Mom. Goals. Part II.

16. Rey, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

Rey is bae. That is all.

17. Bridget Vreeland, "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"

Bee does her own thing, and always has. I hope to be at least half as free spirited as she is.

18. Elle Woods, "Legally Blonde"

Thank you showing us all to never let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do.

19. Natalie Manning, "Chicago Med"

Her intelligence, empathy, and humor make her probably one of my favorite leading ladies on primetime right now.

20. Fa Mulan, "Mulan"

Mulan was absolutely one of my first female role models. When I was little the VHS tape of "Mulan" was basically on a constant loop. Her commitment to her family, country and herself is something I have held near and dear to my heart my whole life. Don't let Mike Pence convince you this movie was "liberal propaganda."

21. Aibileen Clark, "The Help"

Aibileen represents so many incredible, unsung women in our history. Being able to instill confidence in others when no one is doing that for you is extremely commendable.

22. Hermione Granger, "Harry Potter"

I (and probably the entire universe) could write a dissertation on why Hermione is one of the most inspirational and memorable female characters of our generation. Rocking being an "insufferable know-it-all" since birth, Hermione teaches us all that being true to yourself is the best thing you can ever really be.