17 Most Common New Year Resolutions

17 Most Common New Year Resolutions

The resolutions we don't keep...

21
17 Most Common New Year Resolutions
Craftionary

It's that time of year where we start thinking fresh, dare ourselves to do new things, and cut the bad things out of our lives. New Year resolutions always start off great. We can keep them for maybe a month and then we just give up. I have research 20 of the most common New Year Resolutions we all have every new year.

17. Lose weight

It’s the most common resolution counting for about 25% of all New Year resolutions. Unfortunately, our determination usually lasts just a few weeks.

16. Go to the gym

Going to the gym goes under losing weight. Most people get gym memberships and buy classes in order to start out. According to some researches, most of the new gym passes go idle by as soon as February.

15. Quit drinking

Trying to not drink is just as difficult as trying not to smoke. Drinking huge amounts of alcohol is damaging to your body. Quitting would help you feel better inside and out.

14. Quit smoking

There is nothing beneficial about smoking. Quitting is one of the hardest things to do. You have to be fully determined in order to beat your addiction.

13. Save money

About 14% of people make this their resolution every year. A third of Americans have no savings.

12. Eat healthier

In order to be healthier, you must exercise and eat better foods. No more late night Wendy's or Domino's.

11. Get organized

I personally don't have this as a resolution because I'm organized 365 days out of the year, but some people work in a space full of disorganized piles. An average office employee spends 1.5 hours a day (6 weeks per year) looking for things so better organization can help you save time for other activities.

10. Spend more time with your family

Everyone has a busy life. We get caught up in things and forget about our roots. It's important to keep in touch and to see the people who saw you grow up.

9. Manage your stress better

Particularly in 2016, our stress levels have increased! This resolution is quite difficult. Stressing less is likely to be the very first resolution you’ll break this new year.

8. Stop procrastinating

Up to 95% of college students are engaged in procrastination. I'm one of them.

7. Get more sleep

Sleeping is a crucial factor affecting our physical as well as our mental well-being. Doctors say we should sleep anywhere between 6 to 8 hours. Many of us find ourselves getting less than 6 hours a night.

6. Spend less time on social media

Our society today is always on social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat have become the most popular outlets. For many of us, logging in and checking their friends activities is one of the first things they do every morning.

5. Get rid of old clothes

I find that whenever I clean out my closet around this time of year, I try to find reasons as to why I need to keep a certain piece.

4. Travel

Traveling excites some of us. We love to adventure into a different lifestyle whether it be going to the opposite coast or visiting another country.

3. Become more confident

Confidence has become a big thing, especially for the younger generation because we don't want them to grow up thinking they can't be anything or that they're not beautiful. I grew up being bullied for my size, which was actually normal but I didn't know that. I was just a kid.

Be confident in the skin your in. Give yourself a pep talk every morning the mirror. Listen to a confidence boosting song before you start your day.

2. Give back

We all try to give back to our communities and charities we support regularly but around the holidays, donations increase.

1. Be more grateful

The resolution is one of the most promising ones. Cherish the big and little things you have in your life more. There are people in this world who don't know if they'll be able to have a future. Live your life to the fullest.