1. You only ever want to play Drake.
You start to forget other music exists and drive your non-drake-loving friends insane. When they ask to put something else on, you struggle to comprehend what could possibly be better. You have lost your aux cord privileges in more than one friend’s car, probably your mom's car too (oops).
2. You talk about him like he’s an old friend.
“Do you remember the time me and Drake…?” You could have sworn he was with you at the gym earlier or at that party last week, and that he walked you home from class today. You are in denial that it was just his music playing in the background and not actually him.
3. You work Drake lyrics into every single conversation even when they might seem irrelevant.
Where am I moving? Onto better things. What do I want to be when I grow up? I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful. Most of your vocabulary is quoted directly from his songs, he just always knows the right thing to say
4. You take over DJ duties at every party to make sure your jam comes on.
the few dirty looks from the host are more than worth it. Please excuse my table manners, I was making room for the table dancers.
5. When you can’t make a decision you ask yourself “What Would Drake Do”?
Drake would ace that exam, kill that workout, get that job, and look good doing it. He is your main source of inspiration to be great.
6. You only go to the gym to make him #SoProud of you.
He makes up the majority of your workout playlist and you are almost entirely convinced he is the reason you were able to lose the freshman 15 and run the fastest 5 miles of your life.
7. Whenever your phone rings you wish it was him.
When it’s not you are severely disappointed and have developed a habit of ignoring whoever it was who was actually trying to reach you. If it’s not Drake confessing his love, you don’t want to hear it.
8. You know who all his exes are.
They all live in Texas. You might stalk them. You research who all his songs are about and wonder when he will finally write one about you.
9. He’s the reason you quickly get over any exes of your own because I’m just saying, you can do better.
He’s always there to serenade you after a terrible date or a breakup and is by far the most effective rebound.
10. You compare every other guy to him and this is the reason you don’t have a “real” boyfriend.
Who needs a boyfriend when you have Drake? You have never been so in love and are so loyal to him that you hesitate to even tell people you are single, or god forbid listen to any music that isn’t his.
Basically, your relationship with Drake is getting pretty serious and it’s time to embrace it. He’s your right hand, your go to and the closest thing you have to a boyfriend these days. But let's face it, it’s the most fulfilling relationship you’ve had and you wouldn’t want it any other way.