10 People You’ll Be Seeing Around This Valentine’s Day, As Told By Gifs

Who are you this year? The Galentine Girl, or the Pep Talk Preacher?

32

It’s that time of year again! The kiddies get to deliver “Minions” themed paper notes to all their classmates. Grown folk get to go all out on dinner dates, dancing and diamonds. And all the rest of us in the middle get to see where the day takes us.

Now, the only thing better than celebrating Valentine’s Day, is watching other people celebrate it, because no two personalities are made the same when it comes to the Superbowl of romance. Though there will be dozens of V Day prototypes grabbing our attention come Feb. 14, here are just 10 you’re bound to run into.

1. The Cheerleaders

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there...and so is a V Day cheerleader. These people are like Kim Possible when it comes to any kind of Valentine’s Day plans, particularly if they involve grand displays of affection. Need help writing notes for a romantic scavenger hunt you’ve got planned? They got you. A dancer dropped out of your Bruno Mars flash mob last minute? They got you. Baking homemade brownies for your boo thang and ran out of baking powder? Yo, they got you!

2. The Matchmakers

These people have no chill when it comes to Valentine’s Day, but their intentions are just so darn pure! For some strange reason, they want to call your life the must‐see rom com of the year and star as the funny best friend. Whether they be playing wingman while out and about, or nudging you to realize that a certain someone in your life is so NOT just a friend, they can't help but dream of happily ever afters and killer best man wedding speeches.

3. The Galentine’s Girls

It’s a girl’s night out (or in) to remember when these people get together. They’re totally up for love and everything, but at the same time, understand that the nature of female friendship is precious, dare they say, irreplaceable. When V Day rolls around, they’ve got pad thai and movies to share, loads of advice, good wine and good vibes, not to mention a bunch of junk food fit for every craving.

4. The Negative Nancys

Bruh. These people are so annoying. They’ll celebrate Christmas. They’ll celebrate Halloween. They’ll celebrate Independence Day. But when Valentine’s Day rolls around, that’s when they want to start talking about the problem with America, consumerism and “the man.” Alternately, there’s always that one guy itching to talk about the murderous origins of the holiday just to bring down everybody’s vibe. But where is he when Thanksgiving needs to be read for filth? Grubbing on the turkey in silence.

5. The Pink Wearers

These. People. Scare. You. They’re those people that haven’t said a word all semester, then all of a sudden come to lecture sporting the rosiest of roses, and the reddest of reds head to toe. They’ve got heart-shaped glasses, conversation heart earrings, candy necklaces, and tutu skirts, not to mention those love bug heart antenna headbands that no one over the age of 10 should ever be wearing. You don’t get them, and you never will.

6. The “Free Hugs” Givers

Also known as the “random act of kindness” crusaders, these people have the best philosophy. They understand that V Day doesn’t always have to be about weird, mushy soulmate stuff. Sometimes, Feb. 14 is just about the simple things that make people smile and brighten up their repetitive schedules. When they’re not offering up free hugs, these sweethearts are usually giving away free coffee and donuts, free high fives, free red roses...just anything free, okay?

7. The Pep Talk Preachers

These people are usually powerful, middle-aged women who always know when to pull out that speech for their whiny daughters, lonely co-workers and eternally single besties. “Valentine’s Day is just one day out of 365! Why are you so pressed? Have you some ‘me time.’ Buy yourself some [insert super romantic gesture with heavily romantic connotations i.e. flowers, chocolates, jewelry, one of those 6-foot teddy bears, etc.]. It’s not that deep.” Retweet, Aunt Gladys. Retweet.

8. The Wifeys and Hubbys

She’s got a four-course meal prepared to serve her beau that night, and a scrapbook of all their best memories. He’s got a dance routine set to her favorite song up his sleeve, and just took a trip down to Sephora. These two love each other like nobody’s business and DO NOT play around when it comes to Valentine’s Day. If you’re not going to help, then get out of their way. They must complete the mission.

9. The Slow Clappers

The Slow Clappers are kind of like the Cheerleaders, except they don’t see any of their enthusiasm coming. They wake up thinking it’s just going to be another day. Then somewhere in between an impromptu proposal at Starbucks and seeing an old couple with matching t shirts slow dance on the sidewalk, they break down into tears of joy and get with the program.

10. The Hopeless Romantics

These people clearly watched classic Disney princess movies, and anything starring Katherine Heigl, way too many times as children, and it’s done DAMAGE. When V Day rolls around, they feel with every step that they’re walking on the precipice of something magical. You know, like that scene in “Enchanted,” when Giselle literally falls into Prince Edwards’ arms and rides off into the sunset with him and their furry little, woodland friends. Of course, that’s probably not going to happen, but don’t tell that to lil’ Miss Baby Ears.

No matter what your attitude towards the number one day of loooooooove is, you have to admit, showing people that you care about them should never go out of style. So, be kind. Be warm. And be compassionate! Valentine’s Day is only what you make of it.