Disney Princess Facts

Disney Princess Facts

These facts make the princesses even more magical!

When I was a young girl, I enjoyed watching Disney Princess movies. What girl doesn't dream about being one of those princesses? They have perfect hair, beautiful singing voices, natural beauty, you name it. Since I love those princesses so much, I have compiled some fun facts about them! I think you will find them as interesting as I did.

Nationalities:

1. Snow White- German

2. Cinderella- French

3. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)- French (Though there have been debates as to whether she is English, German, or French, she is most likely French.)

4. Ariel- Danish

5. Belle- French

6. Jasmine- Iraqi

7. Pocahontas- Native American (She comes from the Powhatan tribe.)

8. Mulan- Chinese (obviously.)

9. Tiana- African American (another obvious one.)

10. Rapunzel- German

11. Merida- Scottish

12. Anna and Elsa- Norwegian

Singing voice types:

1. Snow White- soprano

2. Cinderella- mezzo soprano or alto

3. Aurora- soprano

4. Ariel- mezzo soprano

5. Belle- mezzo soprano

6. Jasmine- soprano

7. Pocahontas- mezzo soprano or alto

8. Mulan- soprano

9. Tiana- alto

10. Rapunzel- soprano

11. Merida is the only Disney princess who doesn't sing.

12. Elsa is a mezzo soprano and Anna is a soprano.

Heights (short, medium, or tall):

1. Snow White- short

2. Cinderella- medium

3. Aurora- tall (She is the tallest Disney princess.)

4. Ariel- short

5. Belle- medium

6. Jasmine- short (She is the shortest Disney princess.)

7. Pocahontas- tall

8. Mulan- medium

9. Tiana- tall

10. Rapunzel- short

11. Merida- medium

12. Anna and Elsa- tall

Ages:

1. Snow White- 14

2. Cinderella- 19

3. Aurora- 16

4. Ariel- 16

5. Belle- 17

6. Jasmine- 15

7. Pocahontas- 18

8. Mulan- 16

9. Tiana- 19

10. Rapunzel- 18

11. Merida- 16

12. Anna is 18 and Elsa is 21.

Random Facts:

1. Belle is the only Disney princess with brown hair.

2. Speaking of Belle, she is also the only Disney princess with hazel eyes.

3. Pocahontas is the only Disney princess based on a real person.

4. Jasmine was the first Disney princess of color.

5. Aurora was the quietest Disney princess; she only had 18 minutes of screen time and only 18 dialogue lines.

6. Aurora, Mulan, Rapunzel, and Merida are the only Disney princesses with both a mother and a father.

7. Merida is the only Disney princess with curly hair. In fact, if her natural curls were to be straightened, her hair would reach her lower leg.

8. Aurora's eyes are violet in color.

9. Snow White received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

10. Before Rapunzel became a part of the Disney Princess franchise, Jasmine had the longest hair.

Can you think of any other facts about the Disney princesses? Which facts surprised you the most? Let me know in the comments :)