Why I March
Politics

Why I March

Never stop the fight ladies.

22
Why I March
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/01/22/636207243885108311-517825546_ksldfj;klerj.jpg

As I got out of the car I found the streets laden with women, men and children

People of color, different sizes, different genders, different loves different lives

And yet as different as we appeared to be, we were the same

14,000 nasty women gathered in the street as we sang praise to our sisters of yesterday, today and the future

Signs hung high and so did children on the backs of their parents

Though initially an event meant to not be political, how can it not be when we are governed by people who don’t believe we should be free to be us

They don’t believe we should have a voice

Or that it should just be quiet

And let “America be great again”

But the thing is… we aren’t quiet

Queer women will not be quiet

Muslim women will not be quiet

Immigrant women will not be quiet

Native American women will not be quiet

Black women will not be quiet

When someone tells you what you can and cannot do with your body, women will not be quiet

When you do not receive equal pay, women will not be quiet

Because rape culture exists, women will not be quiet

I will not be quiet

Because we are mighty and we are courageous and we can move mountains

With our words

With our actions

With our minds

With our talent

And to be simple, with our love

Love for our sisters and our community

A wonderful woman said that we need to be “inclusive, not just diverse”

Its fine if everyone is invited to the table but everyone should be able to talk, to share their voice

Because everyone has a story

Everyone has something to say

No matter who they are or where they come from

And that’s what America is supposed to be

My "Great America" doesn’t involve an orange man and his trusty sidekick

My America is marching with my brothers and sisters, for a better tomorrow

Feeling for the first time in a long time that love will always conquer hate

And that love is love is love is love

Love always,

Your fellow nasty woman