Why I'm NOT Protesting In The Streets
Politics

Why I'm NOT Protesting In The Streets

We're protesting, NOT rioting.

11
Why I'm NOT Protesting In The Streets
Bing

With everything that has been going post election, I am sure most, if not all of you know about the protests that have been all over social media and the news. I have my reasons to be happy and nervous for the term of Trump's presidency, but I am not going to be out in the streets burning the American flag, and pushing hate on everybody who has a different view on what is happening and what already happened.

1. We can't stop this.

So stop posting on Facebook and tweeting, "Trump is not my president!" YES HE IS... at least for the next 4 years.

2. I want to see what Trump can do.

He made his promises to us, now lets give him a chance to get shit done. You're judging a book by its cover and that is not fair (which is why I will not be bashing Hillary in this article. I don't know who she is outside of what the news has given me, and I haven't googled her). Let's wait and see what he does before anybody else says that he can't do it.

3. These protests are borderline riots!

Yes, we have the right to PROTEST, but lets face it people, some of you are just taking it a little bit too far.... Burning the flag, Calling people out because of their race, the hate... enough is enough. You're being unpatriotic, and uncivil. We have the right to protest, but the destruction has gone too far.

4. I honestly have other things to worry about.

I am a college student working on her last semester of classes before I graduate in May. I have a job that regardless of if I love it or hate it, I still have to be there. I have family and friends and a boyfriend to balance out seeing. I have plans for the future and if I am out in the middle of the day holding signs and screaming at people, then I am not going to be going anywhere anytime soon. I have worked way too hard to be where I am right now.

That's all I got. There is no reason for it, and I can't say that this would not have happened if Hillary had won, but what I can say is that I am proud of the country I was born in, proud of a place where I have all of these freedoms. And bashing our president and ruining our country because of who was elected is ridiculous. At the end of the day we are all humans. We are all Americans.