What I Have Learned From My Dogs

What I Have Learned From My Dogs

A few lessons that I have learned from owning dogs.
0

Many lessons can be learned from watching your dog’s behavior, or just in general, your dog. You can learn lessons from any animal, but I prefer dogs since I own two. You can absolutely say that I am a “dog person.” Here are some of the few lessons that I have learned from my dog.

• Spend all time possible with your loved ones. You can never be sure what will happen in a few minutes, hours, or even a day. While you have them, treasure who you have.
  • Be happy. Why would we want to be unhappy all the time? Instead look to the bright side to things. Even if there doesn’t seem to be a bright side, there definitely is. That side may just be significantly smaller.
  • Play with all you have. What is life without a little fun, bruises, and cuts? That life would be BORING! Life is all about living and having fun, and if injuries happen, then heal and go do some more fun things.
  • Be yourself. If you have to change yourself for others to like you, then you should find other friends. You are your own individual, don’t let someone change you because you aren’t their “ideal” friend.
  • Take care of each other when you are sick. Dogs like to lay on places that hurt, because they want to help you feel better. They don’t mean to cause you to be uncomfortable or in pain, they are simply trying to show that they care for your well-being. Let’s be caring towards each other, we are only here for a certain amount of time.
  • Love others more than yourself. Yes, loving yourself is important but sometimes we can get wrapped up in ourselves way too much. Showing love and concern to others shows that you care about them, even if you don’t know them. A little kindness can go a long way.

These are only a few lessons that I’ve learned from my dogs. Animals are definitely a true inspiration. They certainly love others more than they do themselves. They are very caring and love to have fun and be playful, no matter the age. We are only here for a certain amount of time, let’s make the best of it.