Why I Love The Villas At Emporia

Why I Love The Villas At Emporia

"The Villas At Emporia is so much more than the all-inclusive rent and the spacious bedroom I was assigned to."

36
Why I Love The Villas At Emporia
Brittany Campbell

A 10x11 bedroom, an 8x5 bathroom, a 12x11 kitchen, and a 17x13 living room.

If you ask anybody else, they’re going to tell you that is all The Villas At Emporia has given them. If you knock on someone else’s door, they’ll tell you that The Villas is nothing more than four walls and a ceiling.

But, if you ask me, you’re going to get a completely different answer.

Yes, The Villas obviously gave me a roof over my head and a refrigerator to store my chicken in, but what about all of the things that don’t come along with the $399 check I write on the first of every month?

The Villas At Emporia is so much more than the all-inclusive rent and the spacious bedroom I was assigned to. It’s more than the on-sight laundry room and the gorgeous view from my balcony. The Villas has given me more than I could’ve ever imagined, which is why I love this place so, so much.

The Villas At Emporia gave me the gift of adaptation and diversity.

When I was a freshman, I quickly learned that most popular thing to do on the weekends was to party at The Villas. My squad and I would roll up and attend kickbacks as often as we could. There, I made a vast amount of friends and created some hilarious stories to someday tell my future children. Because of how much I loved coming to The Villas during my first year of college, I quickly signed a lease to move in my sophomore year. I’m now a senior, and I have yet to leave. I’ve gotten to live with so many different gals, some of which are extremely similar to me, and others who are not. Either way, The Villas gave me the opportunity to adapt to other people’s lifestyles and expand my knowledge on what it’s like living with people who are different than me.

The Villas At Emporia gave me the Homie Hotel.

Throughout my entire life, I’ve always been the girl who has an abundance of friends from various backgrounds. In addition to that, especially while growing up, my house was always the hot spot for me and all of my friends to gather at to spend time together. When I moved into my dorm freshman year, it was like everybody knew I would welcome them into my room with open arms. Once again, my home was the place to be. And then, once I got my keys to my apartment in The Villas, it was like all of my friends received a key too. It was then when I decided to create the Homie Hotel. The purpose behind the Homie Hotel is to make everybody feel like they have a home wherever I am. I want people to know that, as long as I have a roof over my head, everyone else will too. If I have a vacant couch for you, you’re welcome to come over and fall asleep as we watch Netflix all night long.

The Villas At Emporia gave me a job so I can buy all the chicken I want.

During winter break of my sophomore year, I stayed in Emporia while most people moved home for the month. Over the course of that winter break, I started visiting the office on a regular basis and becoming close friends with both Emily Albertson and Crystal Manning. I started hanging out down there so much that, eventually, they decided to hire me to work in the office. I’m now the Community Assistant and I absolutely love working for the company who has already given me so much.

The Villas At Emporia gave me an awesome friend.

Emily Albertson is one of the kindest souls I’ve ever met. She genuinely cares about everybody and takes everyone’s feelings into consideration when addressing an issue. She has a heart of gold and if you hang out with her for a day, you’ll understand why they call her “Little Miss Sunshine.”

The Villas At Emporia gave me someone to look up to.

I’ve got two words for you: Crystal Manning. Soon after I made the front office my hangout spot, Crystal and I formed a bond unlike any other. Crystal is an amazing woman, inside and out. She’s intelligent, genuine, and selfless. She doesn’t let anybody or anything get in her way of reaching her goals and she is the definition of independence. She’s the loving mother of a gnarly set of twin boys, and I’m so blessed that she has allowed me to be apart of their lives. Crystal is like a mother figure to me, and just the other day, her twins referred to me as their big sister. Believe me when I tell you that my heart melted at the sound of that. Crystal is the woman that I aspire to become one day. Her drive, passion, and success all motivate me to be the best person I can possibly be. If someday, I become half the woman she is, I will be able to die with a smile on my face; and I wholeheartedly mean that

Without The Villas At Emporia, my college experience would have been completely different. I wouldn’t have the priceless memories to cherish forever, I wouldn’t be as adaptable as I am, the Homie Hotel wouldn’t exist, I wouldn’t have the coolest part-time job, I wouldn’t know Emily Albertson existed, and I wouldn’t have my Empo Momma, Crystal Manning. The Villas At Emporia gave me more than a room to sleep in; it gave me a family and a place to call home. And because of all that, I am forever indebted to The Villas.