Bible Verses To Turn To In A Time Of Need

Stressed? Isolated? Anxious? There is comfort and a hope.

Bryanna
Bryanna
54

I will be honest, I am quick to become stressed out and filled with anxiety. In the middle of my stress, I often feel isolated and alone. It does not matter if people are surrounding me, I still feel very much alone. Some days are worse than others. The past few weeks have been no exception. I have been here before and I am thankful I have resources now to help. I am thankful my Bible is now well marked and well worn. I am also thankful, I have come to realize that moments of darkness is not a sign of failure or isolation from God.

There is a misconception that becoming a Christian suddenly changes everything for the better and all your troubles are gone. It does truly change your life and for the better. However, we still live in a world where sin is very much real. We will stumble and we will struggle. There will be moments of pain. (I mean hello, look at any of the disciples.) Yet, we also can have confidence in knowing there is better times coming. Even if the better times do not last in this life, they will be everlasting in the end.

Until things are better, here are some Bible verses to encourage you and help turn your thoughts toward God's peace.

1. "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."

Psalm 56:3

2.  “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” 

Psalm 94:19

3. “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” ~

Romans 8:38-39

4. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28

5. "Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Matthew 28:20

6. "He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds."

Psalm 147:3

7. "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

Deut. 31:6

8. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?"

Matthew 16:26

9. "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

1 Peter 5:7

10. "Turn to me and be gracious to me for I am lonely and afflicted." 

Psalm 25:16 *this is a great prayer. It also shows us that loneliness is not a new thing. Even those in the Bible dealt with it.

From personal experience, I know that things do get better. God never leaves us. Isolation and anxiety are not new concepts that are foreign to God and His people. We see it over and in the Psalms. It is prayed over, wept over and discussed repeatedly in the Bible. Yet, I also know how hard it is to remember that when you are going through it. Truly the only way I have gotten through it each time is by opening my Bible and trusting in God. I pray that if you are going through a hard time, you will seek the word of God and find comfort in it.