12 Bible Verses for the Struggling College Student

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

25748
Christian College Guide

In college, you are suppose to find all the answers, have the most friends, ace all your classes, and find your future husband. Life is suddenly suppose to make sense. Unfortunately, that is so wrong. College is hard, in more ways than just classes. Like the rest of the human population, as college students we experience loneliness, heartbreak, and stress just as much as adults, sometimes even more. Sure, we have supportive parents who always know what to do, and encouraging friends who love to share their advice, but sometimes it is not enough.

The Bible shows us how, as people of God, we are given the opportunity to be challenged, grow, and overcome all to spread and glorify the name of God. Although we experience setback and loss, God has given us his powerful words for everyday encouragement and advice. If he, ultimately, has all the answers why don't we use them? By reflecting on God’s Word, letting these principles become the foundation for your future, and reading what He has to say on these different difficult topics, although these verses will not solve every problem, they will bring you encouragement. You will see how God is working in and through your life. 

When you need strength

“I can do all things through God, who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13.

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7.

When you are nervous 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:6-7.

When you are feeling overwhelmed 

“When spirits grow faint within me, it is you who knows my way.” Psalm 142:3.

When you experience heartbreak 

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3.

When you experience grief:

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4.

When you fear the future

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6.

When you seek answers to difficult questions

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7.

When you are tired

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29.

When you are overcome by temptation

“So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:12-13. 

When you are looking for peace

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27.

Reflect on God’s Word and let these principles become the foundation for your future. It is important to know that God is always with us no matter where we go in life, guiding our footsteps along the way.