10 Bible Verses You Need To Read If You're In College

College is the best four years of your life, but also the most trying.
188254

College is four of the best years of your life, yet they are the most trying as well. Each day we face life decisions, and we don't always know how to make them on our own.

A good place to find answers on everyday life choices and just good reference for any situation is God's word. This is where we find our hope and keep our faith grounded. Without the Bible, we may not ever be able to make the right decisions. Here are 10 verses for every college student to read when going through these choices, or just everyday life.

1. 1 Corinthians 10:12-13

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

This verse gives a promise that God will always be there to pick us up in hard times and help us through these tough temptations we may face. You have to stand firm, but also be sure to not fall. After all, it's easier to fall when you don't stand for anything at all.

2. Philippians 1:6

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

It is so hard to stay on track sometimes. Every now and then we get thoughts that we can't finish or the workload will never end... but let's be honest it won't. There are days that are tough and it's hard to see the end. But thankfully, God gave us this promise in that He will help us to complete these works. Once you start something, don't just quit when times get tough, stick it out. It's all going to pay off in the end.

3. Joshua 1:9

"…Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Going away from home is hard to do. Although, whether you are at home or in a dorm room, God is there with you. He has promised to never leave us. You may start to feel alone sometimes at college, but rest assured you are never alone. God is with you 24/7 and that's a promise.

4. Philippians 2:3-4

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."

It's so easy to get caught up in a "Me, me, me" attitude in college. All too often we focus more on ourselves and not on each other. It's easier to be selfish than to be humble in college. It's time to stop thinking about me and start thinking of others, after all, we are all going through these tough four years together. There is no "I" in "college student."

5. Psalm 16:8

"I have set the Lord continually before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

We need to make God the forefront of everything in our lives. If He is at the front, nothing can knock you off course.

6. Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

We need to lay all of our cares before the Lord and everything will be taken care of. God knows your every want and need. He knows everything. If we just go to Him and ask for help, He will supply. He never lets His children go without.

7. 2 Timothy 1:7

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."

We need to remember that God did not create us to be shy or to worry. He created us to be strong and powerful to be able to fulfill His plans for us. If we were to be made weak, then His plans wouldn't be so great right? But His plans are more than we could ever imagine, so He needed to make His people strong enough to fulfill them, therefore, you are strong enough to write that essay!

8. Proverbs 17:22

"A cheerful heart is good medicine but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

Some days it just seems easier to curl up on your futon and cry than to go out and actually go to class. But, I can promise you that you will get more out of your day if you just go to class and get through it all. It's more fulfilling to go out than to stay in.

9. Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."

College students are always focused on a deadline. "This paper is due next Friday, my homework is due tomorrow, my history test is next week." We never focus on the here and now, it's just not easy to do that with professors throwing due dates at us left and right. But, we have to remember that we need to work on today, and tomorrow will come when it's ready.

10. Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?"

There is nothing to fear when Jesus Christ is in your life. With Him, you have no professor, no paper, no due date to be afraid of. With God by your side, you cannot fail. This is a promise.

All of these verses help us with pain, suffering, anxiety, stress, and fear. These emotions are all normal for college students. The next time you're feeling any of these, read these verses and hopefully, you will find the comfort that I have in them. God is always with you, never forget it.