Ever since I started college, I’ve discovered that the stereotypical title of a “broke college student” is so true. With college textbooks (which I spent over 500 dollars on just this semester), dorm essentials and other common necessities, finding money to spend on yourself is hard to come by.
Fortunately, there are a myriad of places that offer discounts to students that cater to everything and anything— clothes, books, tech, and above all, food. Here’s a comprehensive list of them:
- Chipotle: Although their new delivery service casually seemed to overlook Kennesaw, they still offer a student discount! By presenting your ID, you can get a free drink with your purchase, or 15% off your order!
- Chick-fil-A: There’s already an express Chick-fil-A on campus (in the student center, if you didn’t know), but if you’re ever caught at one outside of campus, you can receive a free drink with your purchase!
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Arby’s, Waffle House, Burger King and Subway all offer 10% off of their purchases with a valid student ID!
- And, on the terms of groceries, Kroger offers 5% off all food purchases!
- With your student email on Amazon, you can get a free six-months on Amazon Prime (their two day, free shipping service).
- Also, speaking on the terms of food- with the app Order Up!, you can see what restaurants deliver right to your dorm / apartment without having to leave!
2. Apparel Stores:
- Ann Taylor will give 20% off any purchase that’s in-store!
- Banana Republic, J.Crew, Juicy Couture, Madewell, Ralph Lauren Rugby and The Limited offer 15% off all in-store purchases with a valid student ID!
- At Goodwill, the discounts vary depending on the store location- however, in most Georgia stores, they offer 10% off of any in-store purchase!
- ASOS also offers 10% off their stylish clothing as well! Topshop offers this discount too, and they also offer it online!
- And this just in: Vineyard Vines offers a 10% discount with a valid student ID in their stores!
- Microsoft Office is available for free here with just your student email! You can also get it at a 10% discount from their online store.
- Apple offers an 8% discount on all of their items, and you can also save up to $200 on a MacBook!
- Sony offers a 10% discount to college students as well- time to gear up!
- Spotify, if you haven’t heard of it, is a downloadable music app on your computer and smart devices. It’s premium service is just a low $4.99 a month — half the price of the normal fee — for college students!
- Norton, an anti-virus software for your computers, offer a 50% off the retail price for their programs! Keep your computer virus free while you browse on the campus’s (slow) wifi!
- And, in it’s own category, AMC Theaters offers a student night! It’s on Thursdays, so take your date or friends to the one that’s only five minutes down the road from Kennesaw!
So go forth and treat yo'self!