The Difference between Dirt and Gold
relationships

The Difference Between Dirt and Gold

Being in a toxic relationship vs. a happy, healthy relationship

503
The Difference Between Dirt and Gold
Photography By Charity- https://www.facebook.com/byCharity/

My ex-boyfriend used to tell me it wasn't my fault I wasn't as smart as him, I was just raised in a small town.

Dirt.

My boyfriend now constantly reassures me that I will get through the semester and to keep my eye on the big picture.

Gold.

My ex-boyfriend was manipulative and unfaithful.

Dirt.

My boyfriend makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world.

Gold.

My ex-boyfriend would drag me down and tell me to 'get a grip' whenever I was upset.

Dirt.

My boyfriend holds me when I cry at random things and makes me laugh instead.

Gold.

My ex-boyfriend would make me feel crazy and stupid.

Dirt.

My boyfriend is crazy with me.

Gold.

You should never settle for dirt when you have the chance to have gold. You should never question if you're good enough for someone that is supposed to love you. If someone treats you like dirt, more than likely they are dirt. A relationship should not feel like a never-ending argument, it should be never-ending laughter.

Often we are more scared to be alone than we are to be unhappy. Don't stay in a toxic relationship just because you're scared of what's next. We stick around hoping that things will change over time but that doesn't always happen. You should search for love in someone who can be your best friend, not someone who dumps all their dirt onto you.

Update: Found my gold, Happy 2 years!! Brenna Barber