The Best Cuddling Positions Ranked
relationships

The Best Cuddling Positions Ranked

We all love spooning until our arm falls asleep.

3920
The Best Cuddling Positions Ranked

Whether you're taking a nap, watching TV, or going to sleep for the night, cuddling with your partner can be one of the most relaxing and comforting feelings. It can also be extremely hot and sweaty, and not in a good way. These are some of my all time favorite cuddling positions, as well as the pros and cons that come along with them.

Spooning

You cannot go wrong with spooning. No matter your gender, your size, or your cuddling preferences, everyone can enjoy spooning.

Pros: Being held by your partner. Feeling the warmth of their body. The security of an embrace. It is very comfortable.

Cons: Your arms will fall asleep at some point. Big spoon is constantly breathing down your neck. Everyone wants to be the little spoon. Sweating profusely from the heat radiating off of their body. Hair will always be in the big spoon's face.

Half Spoon

This is typically how most girls sleep anyway, but the half spoon can go either way.

Pros: It is very comfortable. There is plenty of room to move your legs around. It is still very close, but not extremely hot.

Cons: Sleeping on your back can get tiring quickly. The person on their side might have to adjust their arm to avoid going numb.

Leg Hug

This one allows for some distance while still being intertwined.

Pros: You can move fairly freely. You still feel close to your partner. You won't overheat.

Cons: Some may say this position is too distant. You have to find the exact right spot to be comfortable.

Embracing

This one is really close. Maybe too close.

Pros: This is basically as close as you can get with your partner. Very intimate. Very warm.

Cons: You might have to work out arm positions. It will probably get very hot and sweaty.

Back to Back

Is this even cuddling?

Pros: You have plenty of room to move around. You still feel the presence of your partner, but you won't get too hot.

Cons: Takes up more room, which could lead to hogging covers. Might not even be considered cuddling.

Depending on how you are feeling, any of these cuddling positions can work for you and your partner. From very close and intimate to hardly touching at all, everyone has their preferences for cuddling that may change throughout the night.

In conclusion, cuddling is good for us, and we could all use more of it. Not only will it enhance your emotional health, but also your physical and mental health as well. So choose your favorite position, grab your partner, and take a nap; you probably need it.