A Non-GOP Party's 10 Favorite Republicans
Politics

The GOP may not be my party, but some Republicans are worthy to like.

20
Wikipedia

Although I'm not a Republican, over and over again I have come to find some of the most awesome people of the GOP. And thankfully, I don't have to dig too far into the past decades to find most of them. Whether or not you like the GOP and/or Trump, I'll tell you my top ten list of my favorite Republicans, no matter if they are living or dead, or a politician or not.

10. Abraham Lincoln

As the first President of the GOP, Abraham Lincoln made many strides as Commander-in-Chief. While he didn't live to see our country go from the injustices of his day, he started essential movements for others to follow once he realized how the oppression of a certain people group affected the country as a whole.

9. Dwight D. Eisenhower

I admire Eisenhower because of his accomplished plan to allow Americans to travel to places faster and sooner, thanks to the Eisenhower Interstate System.

8. Tomi Lahren

I've discussed Tomi Lahren before, but despite her pro-choice views I admire her because of her gusto and wanting to voice her "Final Thoughts" to a broad audience that is tired of everyday American politics. I enjoyed watching her for the first time when she made her big break on the Chattanooga shooting. She is a woman who tells it like it is when it comes to current events. Tomi Lahren proves that Republicans of this generation will still be going places.

7. Meghan McCain

Meghan McCain may be more progressive than the average Republican on gay rights, but, like Tomi Lahren, I admire her because of her gusto and isn't afraid to tackle anything controversial. I enjoy it when I get to watch her on Outnumbered.

6. Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I admire Teddy Roosevelt simply because he valued the outdoors enough to raise awareness of preserving and keeping the natural lands of our country untouched and maintained. During his time as President, he also made an importance in making sure Americans were safe when it came to the public health and safety, notably with the Pure Food and Drug Act. He was also the sitting President when Oklahoma became a state in 1907.

5. Ted Cruz

During the last presidential election, I took a liking to Ted Cruz a few months after he announced his run for President at Liberty University. As a Christian, I felt that he understood me and others when it came to religious liberty and other issues. Sure, others thought that he wasn't the best to run, but I am glad he did. While I was sad that he didn't end up getting the nomination, I was happy that Ted Cruz ran with a willingness to help Americans. The stories about his parents and about how his father came to the US from Cuba are inspiring.

4. James Lankford

I believe James Lankford currently is the best voice in national politics that we have now, as far as someone coming from my home state. He knows as well as I do the value of religious liberty for Christians, as well as Jews, Muslims, and other groups.

3. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan, by far, has to be my favorite President of the late 20th century. He and I have a few things in common when it comes to faith and politics, which is why I admire him for what he was about. When he was Governor of California, he championed the idea of no-fault divorce. While I strongly disagree with the usual notion of divorce (including no-fault divorce), I admire Reagan for allowing couples that freedom, which in turn also saw a decrease in suicides. It's no wonder why Reagan is still commonly quoted in Republican circles.

2. J.C. Watts

Surprising the national stage, former U.S. Congressman J.C. Watts proves that you don't have to be white to be a part of the GOP. He is an amazing speaker and a wonderful man. He paved the way for the national GOP to follow, and his experience brings invaluable lessons.

1. Mick Cornett

My number one pick has to go to Mick Cornett because as the Mayor of Oklahoma City, he's defined what it means to be a part of OKC. He's the first Mayor of the city to be elected to a fourth term, and it's no surprise why. He's a proven leader in local politics and I am excited to see him as a candidate in the race for the Governor of Oklahoma!