Top 12 Aesthetically Pleasing NHL Teams

Top 12 Aesthetically Pleasing NHL Teams

Hockey is for everyone...with a good sense of style.

144
Top 12 Aesthetically Pleasing NHL Teams
abdcards.com

Now that football season is over, I have turned my attention back to the sports world in search of a new distraction. I've found it in the NHL teams and their creative apparel. So in case you were curious about the cutest uniforms in the hockey world, don't panic, the answers are here.

12. Philadelphia Flyers

Orange is the new black, right? Fortunately this team has both and it is the only team that can pull it off. Way to be original and avoid the classic red and blue that so many sports teams fall victim to.

11. Colorado Avalanche

We need to take a moment and appreciate the design of the logo. The flawless incorporation of the avalanche and the puck at the end is what earns them the number 11 spot. Their colors could be better, though, but other than that they get major creativity points.

10. Minnesota Wild

I am obsessed with the horizon incorporated into the wolf head (probably because it reminds me of the Black Hills, but that's beside the point). Wilderness is such a vague concept, but I think Minnesota did an amazing job with what they were given. Red and green can very easily turn too Christmassy, but these take on more of a rugged, outdoorsy vibe than anything else. Overall a success. I'd wear it.

9. Toronto Maple Leafs

Simple, clean and a huge, yet endearing, spelling error. What more can you ask for from an NHL team? (Also, those shoulder pads.)

8. Nashville Predators

This logo made me laugh really, really hard. Probably because it reminds me of myself when I'm about to bite into a panini from Bread Co. Not to mention this is Mike Fisher's (i.e. Carrie Underwood's husband) team, so that makes it a million times better.

7. Pittsburgh Penguins

Okay, so it's not the most intimidating mascot and they didn't go the Batman route like I totally thought they would, but who isn't entertained by a bodybuilder penguin playing hockey? Extra points for creativity and the ability to laugh at yourself, Pittsburgh.

6. San Jose Sharks

Love the colors and it's a lot scarier than Pittsburgh's mascot. Go ahead then, California, we see you.

5. Detroit Red Wings

Watching the Red Wings play is basically to assault your eyes in the best possible way with a sea of red jerseys from players and fans. This could easily be obnoxious and frustrating, but it works spectacularly well.

4. Anaheim Ducks

The Ducks made it onto the list partially because the Mighty Ducks movie is part of my childhood, but mostly because ducks are the most random animal to choose for a mascot for an NHL team and I love it.

3. Chicago Blackhawks

Ah, yes. The one Chicago team I have respect for. Nice colors, classic logo (just look how happy he is) and a killer record to match. I'll give you this one, Chi Town.

2. Los Angeles Kings

Black and white is a classic color combination that exudes pure class, and I am obsessed with this jersey. Like honestly, not even kidding, I would wear this as pj's, an interview outfit, a prom dress - I don't care. Clean lines and classic colors is the way directly to my heart.

1. St. Louis Blues

Oh look, it's the pride and joy of the NHL! Even though I didn't know why the Blues' logo was a music note until high school (judge me, I dare you), they have a class color combination and an original logo with history behind it. I'd be lying if some serious hometown pride didn't influence this decision, but that doesn't matter really.

So there you have it. Hockey isn't merely a violent, fast-paced game that produces god-awful smells from the locker room. It's fashionable, too.