To My Two Newest BFFs

I have read so many of these types of letters. The thank you letters to your freshman roommate. They are all so similar, with thank you’s like “thank you for being there for me when I came home drunk”, “thank you for giving me outfit advice for the frat party last night” and “thank you for telling me to study" but my thank you’s mean so much more than that to me.

The summer going into my freshman year of college I was very worried about my living situation. I would be living in a triple and I had never even shared a room before. I mutually picked one of my roommates, but the other was random. When I say we think about how lucky we are every day that’s an understatement. We were literally blessed to be put with each other. To all the times we stayed up until 3 a.m. laughing about literally nothing, went on many, many adventures, danced in the room to the point where the room underneath us probably hates us, to laying on the floor together playing cards because we didn’t want to study for chem, to cuddling in someone’s bed telling each other all about anything, to even skipping class just to hang out together, and so much more in between.

Thank you for always helping me with my homework, since we all know I need it the most. Thank you for listening to all of my stories and caring about the ending, even though they tend to be a little bit long. Thank you for listening to me vent and always giving me the best answers I may be looking for. Thank you for knowing me well enough to know I’m not having a good day, and asking me why. Thank you for making my good days even better. Thank you for being two of the best girls I’ve ever met.

I will admit, I had a very hard time these past two semesters. A hard time being away from home, a hard time adjusting to college, a hard time making friends, and more. But when I think about what I have come out of this year with, it’s two best friends. Two new best friends that I feel like I’ve known forever and that I know I will have forever.

SO much love.