A Letter To My Niece

A Letter To My Niece

Sweet girl, you are gonna go far and shine so bright, as you already do.

459
Personal Image
Jessica Bishop

Chesley-girl,

Today is your birthday! Woohoo! I know you are gonna have lots of fun, even though you have school today.

Ever since I found out I was going to be an aunt again, I have loved you.

Although it was exciting, your mom's pregnancy with you was far from easy. As you may know by now, she experienced severe complications with her gallbladder that also caused difficulties with her pregnancy.

I remember exactly where I was the day she had a big scare. She had gone to the ER for something else that was going on, but they did an ultrasound just to check on you.

Ashley called mom during church in a panic. They couldn't find your heartbeat. We immediately asked the church to pray as we were in tears.

After much time had passed of us crying out to God, begging him to please let you be okay, we finally got the call.

Because they couldn't find your heartbeat on the doppler ultrasound, they took her back to do an internal ultrasound. The kind nurse, looked over at your mom and said, " do you hear that? She's got a strong heartbeat. She must not like that nurse!"

That was actually when we found out you were going to be a little girl! We rejoiced and praised God that our sweet miracle baby was going to be okay.

From that point on, you were our little miracle. I continued to pray and pray that you would be born healthy.

I loved school, but I did not give a second thought about missing school the day you were born.

When I held you in my arms, I knew I loved you, but I did not know that my love was only going to continue to grow.

As you grew, you developed the wonderful, bubbly, sassy personality you have today. You also grew to be my "mini best friend."

From girls day to sleepovers, I have loved every moment I spent with you. You do not know how much you mean to me.

I thought I was supposed to be the one influencing you, but little did I know, you were inspiring me even more.

I have always told you three things: I love you, God loves you, and you don't have to be perfect.

After I came home from treatment in Memphis, you were so supportive even though I am not sure if you completely understood what was going on. During a particularly tough day, you sat down beside me and said, "You know, you don't have to be perfect." That only made me burst into even more tears-the best kind, though.

I am so proud of you. Even after all you've been through at such a young age, you've never let it stop you from being joyful and living life. I love your heart for God and others. You are already great just as you are, but I cannot wait to see where God takes you in your beautiful life, buttercup.

I love you so much, and I always will, no matter what.