To My Niece

A Letter To My Saving Grace, My Niece

Just like having your very own kid... but you can give them back.

238

Dear Mini Me,

It's only been 2 short years since you have entered my life. And in those 2 short years, you have taught me so much already. It's true when people say you can meet one single person and it changes your life for the better, and you are that person. Never in a million years would I ever think a tiny human being who weighs 22 pounds would mean the whole entire world to me.

The day you were born, I instantly started crying because of how beautiful you were. You were the tiniest little person I have ever seen and I couldn't believe that you were part of my family. Watching you grow up has and always will be one of my favorite things. From your first words to your first steps, those are the type of things that will be stuck in my mind forever.

I never ever want you to change. I know in the future that boys will hurt you, friendships will end and that you'll argue with your parents (I've argued about things with your mom for 19 years now...). But I hope you always remember that I will always be here for you and will talk to you about anything. I've been through the heartbreaks and everything along those lines, so I will help you through anything.

I was at one of the lowest points of my life last year, to the point where I wanted to end my life. But you were always on my mind and you were one of the biggest reasons why I didn't want to leave this world. I want to be the strongest person and the biggest role model I can be for you.

I know that in a blink of an eye, you'll become a teenager, then get your license and then soon head off to college. But I hope you always remember how much I love you and how much you mean to me. No matter how far away I am from you at times, I will ALWAYS be there to support you, spoil you and love you like no other. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be blessed with a niece like you.

Love,

Your Auntie