5 Things I Want My Niece To Know Now That She Is Five

You're only five, but life comes fast.

185
Caitlin Johnston

Five years have come and gone and soon you will be at school. Soon you'll be 10, 15, 20. A lot is going to happen in the years ahead, and I want you to know these 5 things as you grow.

1. Kids at school can be mean.

But kill em with kindness sista, be better than the bullies.

2. You are beautiful no matter what.

Don't let other people determine your worth ad beauty. You are beautiful and strong inside and out. Don't ever forget that.

3. Always keep Jesus in your heart and be kind.

No matter what you face, even in your young life, know Jesus loves you and will always be with you. Never stop praising his name in the best way you know how at 5. Be kind to all those around you, even the mean ones. You never know what someone else is going through. Be a light in the darkness.

4. Girls rule, boys drool.

Live your life girl. Get dirty, do what you want, and be happy without the boy issues. Hang with your girlfriends and NEVER let a boy get in between you and your friends. They aren't worth it.

5. Don't let the drama between your parents define who you are - even if you are dragged into it.

Living with parents who aren't together anymore is hard, and I have seen the affect it already has on you. They both love you so much and you are so special to them, but don't let their own problems bring you down. You shouldn't be brought into it, but if you are, just use the love of Jesus in your heart and show kindness and love. Be the example they need.