To My Graduating Big, Thank You For Being The Older Sister I Never Had

Thank you for being you, and helping me be the best me I can be.

684

I've always been the older sister to my own sister and even my cousins. I grew up looking to my mom and my aunts for how to act but never had an older girl closer to my age to look up to and learn from. Flash forward to 2017, and I joined my sorority. I did so much research and knew at some point I would get to go through Big/Little, and have a big sister to call my own for however many years she would be at the university.

Boy did I luck out when I met you, my amazing big.

You came into my life and we've been inseparable since. You listen to my life problems, whether it's fear of doing poorly in school or my latest updates on the guy who ghosted me (and there's been A LOT of those this semester). You've been there when I wasn't at my best and gave me the support I needed to get through my hard times and celebrated with me through the good times. We're both kind souls, and people tend to use that a lot, which we don't deserve, but we put up with it anyway.

Some girls have bigs who genuinely suck, and I am so sorry that they got stuck with someone who doesn't really care about them like they thought they would. I'm glad we have such a real relationship that will last us through the tests of time. You're going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding, and our kids will be best friends. It was all pre-written in our destinies that you would be my big and I'd be your little. The sorority brought us together and I can't thank it enough.

I don't know what I'm going to do without you next fall when I step onto campus as a senior and you'll be off adulting. You're a core part of my life and instead of being a few minutes walk from me, you'll be very far away. Phone calls and Facetime will have to become my best friend instead of hanging out in your dorm or the dining hall.

You're such an inspiration. I'm so proud of how much you do every day, and how you always keep morale up even when you're exhausted. You put effort into everything you do and try your best no matter what. You're going to achieve such great things in the future, and I'm glad I'll be able to watch you blossom outside of college.

To future doughnut and ice cream dates, where we can eat our hearts out and gossip like we always do. I gained a sister and a best friend all in one, and I'm not ready for you to leave me. I know you're ready to start your next chapter in life asap.

Love you,

Your Little