Sorority Big-Little Week Through The Eyes Of The Big

It's one of the craziest and most exciting weeks of the year.

161

I'll be honest I didn't realize how much planning, organizing, and crafting I would be doing these past few weeks, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. Last year when I was the little, I was just in awe of everything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, big-little week was one of my favorite weeks from my Freshman year.

With everything from baskets full of anything and everything to group costumes to sorority brunches and everything in between, it was a crazy time. As much as I love having a schedule and being able to stick to a plan, the fun and unpredictableness that came with this week were amazing.

Sure I had a guess who my big was last year, but I was still a little bit nervous reveal night, but I was mostly just excited. Not to mention I really didn't know what to expect at all when it came to baskets. (For anyone not in a sorority, baskets are these gifts Bigs give to their Little before they reveal their identity.)

Come this year I was beyond excited when I found out who my little was, but I was convinced I was going to blow it. I don't know why, but I just had a feeling I would reveal myself too soon. I've been told I text the exact same way I talk so I thought she was going to know right away.

It didn't help that anytime I saw a new member I just wanted to burst out "I know who your big is!!!!"

Finally, after two long weeks, I was successful when it came to not revealing myself. So Successful that she really didn't know. It didn't hurt that spring break happened to be one of those two weeks. Also without spring break, I'm not sure what the baskets would have looked like. Luckily, I was planning on going home anyway, so I had time to go into full out crafting mode. The first day I went home I bought all my supplies and the very next morning it began.

My parents kept their distance as their kitchen table became my own personal art studio.

I didn't have a lot of confidence going into the crafting, but by the end, there were a bunch I wanted to keep for myself. But what I didn't realize last year is how much time it would take to organize all the baskets, add a couple more things to them, finish my crafting, all while trying to figure out different outfits and costumes for four people. As someone who is very much so a perfectionist, I didn't realize how long everything would take me to do, but I didn't mind since it was so much more exciting than all my homework.

As soon as I found out who my little was I couldn't open my laptop without winding up on Pinterest.

I wanted my baskets and everything to show just how excited I was to be welcome you to the fam. Watching you get your baskets was so weird and exciting. I didn't want to get to close, because as I said before I knew I would blow it. But don't worry I stopped to sneak a peek at what you were doing.

So overall, I didn't realize just how much went into making this week so exciting, but I couldn't have been more excited to do everything. I had a blast figuring out everything for you and couldn't be more excited for you to join the fam and officially be my little. This has been the hardest secret to keep since I just wanted to tell you right away. But welcome to the fam, my child, and get ready for a wild ride!