Thank You Letter To My Big

Thank You Letter To My Big

No relationship will ever compare to this one.

10674
Thank You Letter To My Big
etsy.com

Becoming a part of a sorority is great in a lot of ways. You get to make new friends, you have several leadership opportunities, and can make a difference volunteering. But it can also be scary. Because I didn’t go through formal recruitment, I was joining women who I thought were already friends, and I was scared. As I got to know everyone better, I realized I was finding my true home, but on the day of Big Little reveal, I really felt like I was in the right place. Without my Big, nothing would be the same, and I never would have learned the ropes to Greek life. There are many things my Big has done for me that I have never thanked her for, some big and some little, but it all means just the same to me.

Thank you for taking me in under your wing right away. On the first day of mixers, I have never felt so comfortable talking to someone. As soon as I found out you were my Big, I couldn’t contain my excitement— so naturally, I cried. From the very first moment we met, you taught me everything I needed to know— how socials work, what slate was, what my grades should be, and how to be a well-rounded panhellenic women. I felt so welcomed into our Star family and that is all because of you. You have been a great role model for me. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be half the sorority women I am today.

Thank you for listening to me complain. Whether it was about a professor or something stupid someone did to piss me off, you listen to me. Sure I have people to vent to, but nothing compares to the comforting words you can give me at the end of a long day. Not only do you listen to me complain, but you tell me when to suck it up and be a big girl. You aren’t afraid to tell me if I’m being stupid and worrying over nothing, and we all know I need to hear that from time to time.

Thank you for always looking out for me. Whether we are together or by ourselves, you are always taking care of me. You never fail to check in on me after a night out, and you also tell me to call you if I need something. Knowing I always have someone there for me is one of the best feelings in the world.

Thank you for food dates. Between Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesdays, and the dining halls, we never fail to order a crap-ton of food. In a nutshell, I’m thankful you like to eat, and I don’t look like a food junkie all on my own. Even though I think it’s fundamentally weird, you like the breakfast food in the cafe.

Thank you for always taking me places. You never fail to invite me to things. Not only that, if I’m apprehensive, you encourage me to go to them. If you didn’t do this for me, I would not be as outgoing as I am now, and I wouldn’t have made the friends that I have.

Thank you for confiding in me. Not only do you listen to my problems, but you also tell me what is going on in your life. The fact that you trust me with your secrets and stories is such a great feeling. Sitting and talking with you about our lives is some of the best times I have with you

Thank you for being you. Without you, there are so many things that I would have never accomplished. Without you, I would not be the strong sorority women that I am today.

There are so many things that I have to thank my Big for. Not only is she my Big, she’s the big sister I never got to have and my best friend. Thank you for being my person—I wouldn’t trade you for the world.

Love,

Little