Love Or The Lack Thereof, On Valentine's Day

A guide to Valentine's Day, whether you have a significant other or not.

24

To those who have a significant other,

Do what is most suitable for your relationship. Valentine's Day can put added pressure on relationships but this stress can all be avoided if communication is at the center of your plans.

Once you both express your ideal day or night it is easier to find a happy medium that will make you both remember why you're together and/or in love.

There is no need for a big gesture on this day unless that is what you and your partner have agreed on. Simple and down to earth actions are far more up my alley, so I would much rather have a thoughtful message in a card with my favorite candy than an expensive dinner that I probably don't know how to pronounce.

But, at the end of the day, you know your partner best and have a good grasp on what they would like.

To those without a significant other,

It is not the end of the world. Finding a partner can take time... and a lot of mistakes. Most of the college students going out this Valentine's Day probably won't be together next year anyway, so don't stress.

I think this day is a time when we self reflect a little and start to overanalyze and question why we don't have a partner when we should be celebrating and loving ourselves. I am a strong believer that when you stop looking for love, it finds you.

But anyways, as a college student, we don't need to have a significant other to do anything. Go out and have fun with your other single friends. It's just another excuse to go out on a Thursday night.

Either way, if you have someone or don't, there is no reason to stress over this Hallmark holiday.