What prompted the idea of Tinder Live?
Lane says "I came up with it right when I first started using dating apps years ago and I was like, "Wait, so many of these profiles are hilarious and/or nightmares, it would be so cool if I did a comedy show where I riffed on the worst profiles in real time, and the audience could choose how I swipe, and then I'll talk to the weirdest people and just go down the rabbit hole for this totally improvised experience we all share together." And my roommates were like "You have to make that a show." And I immediately went to work on it, and people loved it immediately, which is awesome."
I recently attended one of Lane's Tinder Live shows in Brooklyn and it was so hysterical that I'm going again! If you're in the area - come to the show with me on August 20th at Littlefield in Brooklyn!!
Have you ever had someone’s profile show up when they were attending your show? (If not, what would you do - I am dying to hear this response)
"Oh absolutely, it's always fun and I encourage people to tell me if they pop up so I can ask them what their experience has been like. People know it's a kind, silly show so I've had people who are like "OMG i heard i was on it that's so cool can you send me a video? I wish I'd been there!" which is awesome."
I asked Lane: What has your favorite show (location, crowd, etc.) been and why?
That's what i love about tour, and about the show, is that every show is totally improvised, and localized, so every show is different. I do really love playing colleges though because the energy of like 1,000 college kids looking at their classmates is really beautiful and insane.
What is the absolute weirdest encounter you have had through a dating app? (Oh the stories I could tell)
"Once at my live show i talked to a guy who claimed he was a werewolf for like 45 minutes straight, on stage, it was amazing."
That is literally the most amazing thing I have ever heard. Ever.
How do you feel about our society primarily using dating apps? Do you prefer them / hate them? (I personally hate them with a burning passion)
Lane says: "I'd definitely rather meet in person, I think most of us would. So many people have been harassed and had their time wasted and just weird messages on there for sure, and one of the greatest things about Tinder Live is even if you had a great result from them ultimately, it's very likely you also had some crazy stuff happen on there too and you know how lucky you really got if you met someone great."
I read your book How to Be Alone - how would you explain your journey from moving to NY in a rat infested (both the literal creatures and the humans around you) “apartment” to now?
Lane says: "I will just say life is much better now that the only creature around me is an adorable dog."
If you haven't read Lane's book, I definitely recommend you do! Available on Amazon, How to Be Alone, is Lane's first published book and it hit #1 Bestseller. This book made me feel heard in ways I never thought I could be and if you've had a challenging life in any way - it is an incredibly inspiring read.
From starting the show to now, I’m sure your goals have changed. What do you hope will come next? Both professionally and personally!
Lane says: "I'm extremely excited to release my second It Was Romance album, I want to have a TV show, I want to write so many more books, and I wish to own the house from Practical Magic."
- The Official Rory Gilmore Reading List ›
- 23 Reactions To The 2017 Tony Awards As Told By Anna Kendrick ›
- 10 Video Games You'll Never Forget If You Had A PS2 ›
- 30 Country Songs That Will Hype You Up For All Things Summer ›
- 35 Country Songs That Resonate Most If You're From A 'Small Town ... ›
- The Best 20 Songs From The Gilmore Girls Soundtrack ›
- 15 Songs Every '90s Baby Girl Remembers ›
- The 23 Frattiest Guy Names And What They Say About Each Guy ›
- The Brat Pack Story ›
- Odyssey Community at University of Mississippi ›
- A Word Of Advice, About A New Book Of Advice. : NPR ›
- Lane Moore | Facebook ›
- Lane Moore on Privilege, Trauma, and What Men Really Want on ... ›
- 'How to Be Alone,' by Lane Moore book review - The Washington Post ›
- Lane Moore - Founder & Managing Partner - QuarterMoore | LinkedIn ›
- She Swipes Right on Tinder, and Everyone's In on the Joke - The ... ›
- Lane Moore - Wikipedia ›
- Lane Moore (@hellolanemoore) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Lane Moore Boulder/KansasCity/LittleRock/NOLA/OKC ... ›
- Lane Moore – Creator of Tinder Live. Frontperson in It Was ... ›