35 Country Songs That Resonate Most If You're From A 'Small Town Where It Feels Like Home'

Thank god for homegrown small towns, fried chicken, and cheap beer.

15930

You either grew up in a small town or wish you did, The best memories come from a town with nothing but bars, churches, and cheap beer. Sure, there isn't much to do, but give us a dirt road, and we'll be perfectly content.

There are a few things that only people who grew up in a small town will understand. These songs perfectly sum up small-town life and all the first loves, beer, and memories that come with it.

1. "Small Town, USA" by Justin Moore

“Everybody knows me and I know them, and I believe that’s the way we were supposed to live.”

2. "Thank God for Hometowns" by Carrie Underwood

“‘Cause when you’re lost out in this crazy world, you got somewhere to go and get found — thank God for hometowns.”

3. “Give Me Back My Hometown” by Eric Church

“Damn, I used to love this view - sit here and drink a few. Main street and the high school lit up on Friday night."

4. “Famous in a Small Town” by Miranda Lambert

“Every last one, route one, rural heart’s got a story to tell. Every grandma, in-law, ex-girlfriend, knows you maybe a little too well. Whether you’re late for church or stuck in jail, hey, words gonna get around. Everybody dies famous in a small town.”

5. “Drinking Class” by Lee Brice

“I’m a member of a good timing crowd; we get rowdy, we get wild and loud. If you gotta label me, label me proud. I belong to the drinking class. Monday through Friday, man, we bust our back. So if you’re one of us, raise your glass — I belong to the drinking class.”

6. “Back Where I Come From” by Kenny Chesney

“Some say it’s a backward place, narrow minds on a narrow wage, but I make it a point to say, ‘That’s where I come from.’”

7. “My Town” by Montgomery Gentry

“Where I was born, where I was raised, where I keep all my yesterdays. Where I ran off cause I got mad, and I came to blows with my old man. Where I came back to settle down — this is where they’ll put me in the ground.”

8. “Hicktown” by Jason Aldean

“We got your country boys and your redneck girls. It’s the party heard around the world — right here in hicktown. Yeah, in hicktown, the whole town’s gettin' down.”

9. “These Are My People” by Rodney Atkins

“Just lovin’ and laughin’ and bustin’ our asses, and we call it all livin’ the dream. 'Cause these are my people; this is where I come from. We’re givin' this life everything we've got and then some. It ain't always pretty, but it’s real. It’s the way we were made, wouldn’t have it any other way."

10. “Front Porch Looking In” by Lonestar

“Now I look at my front porch and this panoramic view; I can sit and watch the fields fill up with rays of glowing sun or watch the moon lay on the fences like that’s where it was hung. My blessing are in front of me.”

11. “We Rode In Trucks” by Luke Bryan

“There’s a lot about life that we learned on the bus: how to lie, how to fight, how to kiss, how to cuss. The closer we sat to the back, the smarter we got."

12. “Dance Hall” by Danielle Bradbery

“The moon is out, the crickets loud, a train went by, but it’s gone now. So up and down the street, I sit and stare. You could say there’s not much here for us, nothing but a pile of dirt and dust.”

13. “Mayberry” by Rascal Flatts

“...sitting on the porch drinking ice-cold cherry Coke, where everything is black and white. Picking on a six string, where people pass by and you call them by their first name."

14. “Merry Go Round” by Kasey Musgraves

“Tiny little boxes in a row, ain’t what you want, it’s what you know. You’re just happy in the shoes you’re wearin’. Same checks we’re always cashin’ to buy a little more distraction.

15. “Water Tower Town” by Scotty McCreery

“Friday night football is king, sweet tea goes good with anything, and the girls come out when the sun goes down. Nobody eats till we say amen, and everybody knows your mama’s name. You can see who loves who from miles around, in a water tower town.”

16. “Where I Come From” by Montgomery Gentry

“We may live our lives a little slower, but that don’t mean I wouldn’t be proud to show ya.”

“See that door right there, man, I swear, it ain’t never been locked, and I can guarantee that it never will.”

17. “Raised by a Good Time” by Steven Lee Olsen

“We were only 15 runnin’ from the blue 5-0, shotgunnin’ in the field with the beams down low. Growing up fast where there ain’t no roads in the heat of the summer night."

18. “17” by Cross Canadian Ragweed

“Running from your folks, running from the law. Running from love, running from your fears, running from it all. You keep on running boy, you run yourself in the ground. You’re always 17 in your hometown.”

19. “American Kids” by Kenny Chesney

“We were Jesus save me, blue jean baby, born in the USA. Trailer park, truck stop, faded little map dots from New York to LA. We were teenage dreamin’, front seat leanin', baby, come give me a kiss.”

20. “Homegrown” by Zac Brown Band

“I got some good friends that live down the street, got a good lookin’ woman with her arms ‘round me. I live in a small town where it feels like home. I’ve got everything I need and nothin’ that I don’t.”

21. “Tattoos on this Town” by Jason Aldean

“There ain’t a corner of this hallowed ground that we ain’t laughed or cried on. It’s where we loved, lived, and learned a lot of stuff. It’s everything we’re made of.”

22. “Them Boys” by Brantley Gilbert

It’s too early for school to let out, and the Pastor's boy just threw a cigarette out. I sure hope that ain't beer in those cups, 'cause our star quarterback is turnin' them up."

23. “Dirt Road” by Kip Moore

“Unless it’s got a dirt road leading down to a fishing hole, with a little piece of moonlight, a couple cans of Bud Light, where I can cuddle with my baby and I can pull her real close; no, I don’t wanna go unless heaven’s got a dirt road.”

24. “Drinking Town with a Football Problem” by Billy Currington

“We still tell the same old story, relive former glory. Went to state in nineteen-four; we got a trophy in the school hallway; the kids pass it by each day. We’re a drinking town with a football problem with two main things we all have in common: we love ‘em both and don’t want to solve ‘em.”

25. “Dirt Road Anthem” by Jason Aldean

“Back in the day, pop’s farm was the place to go. Load the truck up, hit the dirt road. Jump the barbwire, spread the word, light the bonfire, then call the girls. The king in the can and the Marlboro man."

26. “The Way I Talk” by Morgan Wallen

“It’s 'Yessir, no ma’am, y’all come back now.' Fighting words if you run my last name down. I ain’t ashamed, matter of fact, I’m damn proud of the way I talk."

27. “Small Town Southern Man” by Alan Jackson

“Callous hands told the story for this small town Southern man."

"You can break the back, but you can’t break the spirit of a small town Southern man.”

28. “Rain is a Good Thing” by Luke Bryan

“Backroads are boggin’ up, my buddies pile up in my truck, we hunt our hunnies down, we take ‘em into town, and start washin’ all our worries down the drain.”

29. “Underage” by Kelsea Ballerini

“Time feels like it’s always on our side, so we fill it up with midnight drives and lies to your mama when she asks you where you’ve been. You hide your smile and say anywhere but with him, ‘cause you know when she was seventeen she was doing the same damn thing.”

30. "This Kinda Town" by Justin Moore

"In this kind of town, people stay together. Nobody leaves unless they leave forever."

"Girls will outdrink ya, boys will out hank ya. Tie a yellow ribbon on a tree to say 'thank you.'"

31. “That’s What I Love About Sunday” by Craig Morgan

"Go home into your blue jeans; have some chicken and some baked beans. Pick a backyard football team, and not do much of anything.”

32. “Good Direction” by Billy Currington

“I told her way up yonder past the caution light, there’s a little country store with an old Coke sign; you gotta stop in and ask Miss Bell for some of her sweet tea."

33. “Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band

“Cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right, and the radio up. Well, I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia pine and that’s home, you know. Sweet tea, pecan pie, and homemade wine, where the peaches grow."

34. “Meanwhile Back at Mama's” by Tim McGraw

“I miss a little dirt on the road; I miss corn growin’ in a row. I miss being somebody everybody knows; there, everybody knows everybody. I miss those small town routes, walkin' around in muddy boots and the sound of rain on an old tin roof."

35. “Back on the Ground” by Scotty McCreery

“Ain’t it funny how it all comes back around? I remember when I couldn’t wait to get out of her hair and ditch this town; I was restless and time to move on. Now, it’s any reason to go back home."