45 Thoughts Every Shy, Misunderstood Student Has

Here's to the shy students who aren't going to let their quiet nature hold them back! Even if things can get pretty awkward at times...

553
Unsplash

Are you shy? Is speaking in front of others difficult? Do people often misunderstand your personality? Then read this and remember that you're not alone!

1. “Please don’t call on me, please don’t call on me.”

2. “I can’t think of anything interesting enough to say...”

3. Fear of any situations that put the attention on myself

4. I’ll just smile and nod, even though I have no idea what this conversation is even about.

5. Having to quickly find a partner in class makes your stomach drop

6. Waiting for everyone to find their partners so you can pair up with whoever is left

7. The first day of class is the worst day of class.

8. “Everyone share two interesting things about yourself” is one of the most difficult/annoying questions to answer on the spot.

9. A special love for friends who appreciate a good listener

10. More observant than most

11. Actually, "tell me about yourself" is one of the most difficult questions.

12. Waiting for the rest of the class to shut up before everyone is told off

13. "I'll make the PowerPoint if you present it."

14. Just wing it? I think you mean just embarrass yourself in front of everyone watching.

15. Public speaking was a method of torture created by the devil himself.

16. Having friends I can sit in complete silence with but still enjoy each other's company.

17. Are group projects really necessary?

18. Some people don't mind being assigned a partner for a project instead of having to search for on on their own.

19. Words aren't always necessary.

20. Why is it so hard for them to be quiet?

21. Sometimes, a small nod is all I can manage.

22. I open up to people once I get to know them. Until then, just bear with me.

23. Individuals assignments > group assignments

24. People who speak up and answer questions before the teacher must randomly call on someone are people greatly appreciated.

25. Some people don't mind when the teacher accidentally skips over them.

26. Being told to speak up

27. Being reminded to speak up

28. Friends who automatically speak on behalf of you in certain situations

29. Being viewed as unfriendly because you don't talk as much as everyone else

30. Sympathizing immensely with the one other shy student, whether we're friends or not

31. I know the answer, but it's not worth having to voice it in front of everyone, so I'll sit quietly until someone finally thinks of it, too.

32. Being misunderstood but too shy to correct people

33. Being too shy to explain that you actually are friendly

34. Having random days where I'm much more talkative than usual but returning to my usual habits the very next day

35. Wishing I could stand up for myself better

36. Worrying about offending people

37. Worrying about how people will react to everything I say

38. Appreciation for those who introduce themselves first

39. Wishing people could be more understanding

40. Refraining from contributing to the conversation until I have something I deem important/relevant/worthy enough to say

41. Extreme discomfort in social situations with too many people

42. Understanding the big difference between a person who's shy and a person who's just quiet

43. Wishing people could just read my mind instead of having to try and vocalize things

44. Overly loud people seem very extra and and unesscary

45. Having only a few close friends rather than many acquaintances