Spend Time Doing Things That Make You Happy During COVID-19 Isolation

The self-quarantine period can exert detrimental effects on our emotional health and wellbeing, but it is up to us to vehemently conquer this global pandemic and emerge victorious against this toxic force

14

COVID-19 has completely altered our way of life and in a way turned our worlds upside down. At this point, all we can do is simply pray and hope that we will steadily pull through this turbulent and difficult time. The self-quarantine period can exert detrimental effects on our emotional health and wellbeing, but it is up to us to vehemently conquer this global pandemic and emerge victorious against this toxic force. Hence, there are ways that you can soothe your inner agony and stray away from an idle mind. Don't forget that, "An idle mind is a devil's workshop."

Always spend some time listening to music

Music therapy has proven to be supremely effective towards cleansing the mind and removing any negative thoughts. I have experienced amplified levels of optimism while and even after listening to music. It is indeed a blessing that we have in our lives and it can immensely support us during this tragic period.

Read books that can range from the Arts, Science, and History

Books can become your closest friends, especially during the self-isolation period. Despite not being able to travel or engage in social gatherings, reading a diverse range of stories can immediately transport us to the lives of the characters in the novels and we can start approaching life from their perspective. Believe me, life was so much simpler and pristine a few decades ago!

Engage in social interactions virtually

Nobody said that social interactions can no longer be a thing! You can still communicate with loved ones, friends, colleagues, etc. using social media outlets and video chats. Sometimes, having an emotional connection rather than a physical interaction is held at a higher value because what's in your heart matters the most.

Watch movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Youtube

Watching movies can re-introduce you to the world and what life outside possibly looks like if you find yourself succumbing to retrograde amnesia. The cinematic life portrayed in movies does closely resemble the emotions of ordinary people and sometimes the films are loosely based on a true story. Such poignant and state-of-the-art films stay ingrained within the hearts and minds of the audience that can belong to a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds. Essentially, it is a stupendous medium used worldwide to showcase the psychology of humans and their social interactions that can teach us a lot about the world we live in.

Singing opens up the window to your soul

Singing is a magical activity that enables people to express their thoughts and emotions using melody and harmony. When you sing, you end up revealing many different feelings that you may not have been able to express verbally. In other words, singing does indeed open up the window to your soul.

Cooking delicious new meals and learning about innovative recipes

Cooking is both an art and a science. It is a therapeutic way to de-stress as well as a learning opportunity to explore a diverse array of cuisines and recipes.

Writing is a skill that can be used as a defense mechanism

As a writer, I can relate to this activity/hobby a lot. In fact, writing serves as my weapon to conquer all the challenges that come my way because self-expression is necessary to properly function and I tend to write with sheer dedication and conviction.

Exercise Regularly

Definitely strive to stay active and exercise whenever possible. Youtube has provided all of us with engaging exercise videos from Professionals and they are meant to get you moving irrespective of where you are! Working out can take your mind off of what is going on in the world today and you should definitely keep yourself physically fit.

Essentially, it is all up to you as an individual as to how you can keep yourself occupied during this terrifying time. Most importantly, it is imperative that you keep yourself sane and optimistic during this time along with spending your time doing things that make you happy!