The Fascia Blaster: What It Is And Why You Need It

I, too, falsely believed it was just another gimmick.
2814

You may or may not have heard about a new body tool circulating the social media market called the Fascia Blaster.

The creator of this tool is Ashley Black, a researcher who was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at a young age. She developed the Fascia Blaster to help people like her fight their restrictions.

However, this tool isn't solely used for medical conditions or physical disabilities. It can be used by anyone looking to improve mobility and relieve pain.

I had never heard of this tool until my roommate told me to try it out, and to be completely honest, I thought it was a crock. I assumed it was just another Facebook gimmick to make money convincing people they can have an easy way out by purchasing something they don't need. For a while, I refused to even try it out.

Then, curiosity got the best of me and I joined the Facebook group for women who have invested or shown interest in this product. Along with providing a space for people to ask Ashley and her team questions about the product, members will post pictures of their progress over the course of weeks, months or even years.

The group has over 300,000 members and counting who are all so supportive of each other.

Eventually, I caved and tried out my roommate's blaster. I fell in love with the product and how much it helped me on my journey to feel better about my body physically and mentally.

The tool isn't just for women either.

My father was having severe neck pain from a combination of high blood pressure and staring at a computer for work every day. Like me, he believed it was all a crock until I talked him into letting me use the Face Blaster on his neck since he struggled with his range of motion in his shoulder.

It was unbelievable how well he was able to sleep that night. The pain was virtually gone after one use.

At this point, I know what you're thinking (mostly because everyone I try to explain this product to -- like my father-- has the same reaction as I did to my roommate): "That's all fine and dandy, but I still don't really get it."

Well, let me break it down for you with some FAQs (be sure to check out the links for more details).

What in the world is fascia?

Think of a spider web. Now think of one giant web running throughout your entire body. Fascia is a completely connected system that covers every aspect of our bodies beneath our skin. Muscles, bones, nerves, arteries, veins-- you name it, fascia covers it.

Although it covers separate structures, fascia does not have individual sections. It is a continuous system that runs through our bodies uninterrupted, but depending on location or deepness within the body, it can be categorized differently.

Why should I care about fascia?

Because it covers virtually every aspect of our bodies, fascia can cause physical and even cosmetic issues. When fascia binds to itself, it can cause pain, sensitivity, blood flow restriction, and the appearance of cellulite.

Pinch your wrist or lower forearm. See how easy it is to grab the skin?
Now pinch your upper bicep or thigh. Not so easy, maybe even a little painful.

This is fascia buildup. The chunky parts of your body that most people commonly think is fat is actually fascia that is bound with no way to release itself or the fat/toxins it binds with it, often resulting in cellulite or even areas that sensitive to the slightest pressure.

How do I use the Fascia Blaster?

There are a number of different products available for purchase, but for explanation purposes, I'll stick to the original Fascia Blaster.

The tool as shown above consists of four claws that are intended to be used with a lubrication of choice (oil, lotion, soap, etc.) in a "scrubbing" motion. Many people do side-to-side motions to appropriately break up the fascia.

It is encouraged to heat up with internally with some sort of movement/exercise and externally with a heating pad, sauna or even a simple hot shower. The recommendations for each area are listed on the website, but in general, the tool is used for about one to two minutes on each area for new users. Overtime, this can be increased to three to five minutes.

How does it benefit me?

Releasing fascia allows for increased mobility and blood flow. This can relieve pressure on joints and muscles, reducing pain and chronic discomfort. It can also reduce cellulite (because cellulite is basically bound fascia, not fat) and reduce saggy skin.

It also releases a lot of toxins from your body with regular use in addition to the benefits listed above, so you just feel better.

So, it's a weight loss tool?

No, but it does produce a lot of results that can benefit someone on a weight loss journey. For example, I was having a hard time doing arm workouts at the gym. After blasting my shoulders and upper arms a few times, I was able to go the extra mile and increase my flexibility because I wasn't in as much pain. It's a good tool to use when losing weight, but not one that should be used specifically for weight loss.

OK but, what's the catch?

You'll notice some areas start to heat up and turn red during use from the friction. It's not uncommon for new users to feel sore or bruise. Because stimulation releases toxins in combination with using oils, blemishes may also appear on recently blasted areas.

Everything comes with a price, but in my opinion, the long-term results are definitely worth the short-term symptoms.

Bruising?! Why would I use something that bruises me?

Some critics and media sources have blown this side-affect way out of proportion, making it out to seem like this tool is causing harm to the body.

The bruising that comes from blasting can look much worse than it feels.

In my personal experience (and I've had some pretty large bruises), they aren't painful. However, they do appear because of the stimulation of blood flow and body's natural healing process. Blood cells are rushing to the blasted area in an attempt to regenerate.

They don't last long, but much like flushing out toxins, it's best to let them heal before continuing to blast in that area.

What if it doesn't work for me?

Everyone's body reacts at a different pace, so it's crucial to understand that just because some people may have results in a short time period doesn't mean the product isn't working for you.

It also may feel like it's causing more harm than good at first because of the "worse before better" stage. That's why it's so important to follow the instructions and recommendations because it is also possible to get eager and overdo it.

Patience is a virtue!

Do you have a hard time explaining your love for the Fascia Blaster? Share this with your friends and family who could benefit from this miracle tool!