Things To Do In Wildwood NJ

Things To Do In Wildwood NJ

Let me be your personal guide.

23
Things To Do In Wildwood NJ
Angelica Rambo

Wildwood NJ has been my vacation destination of choice since I was a baby. Like any place does, it has changed over the years. But I still have my favorite places to go and things to do that I love to share with all my friends, and now people of the internet.

Things to do in Wildwood:

So Wildwood NJ is technically an island, so there is the beach. There is beach everywhere. So if laying out in the sun and splashing in the waves are your kind of fun, there is plenty to go around.

The Boardwalk of course! The boardwalk and the beach are obviously the most appealing things Wildwood has to offer. The boardwalk itself has endless hours of entertainment. Morey’s Piers, of course, which is three piers full of rides as well as two water parks. They feature three big roller-coasters, for anyone who likes to go upside down or a good old fashioned wooden beast. As well at the focal point of the boardwalk, the giant ferris wheel. You can get a wristband and go all day at the parks, or get tickets to do rides one at a time. While there are a few things that cost extra, extreme rides like the slingshot and skyscraper, almost everything is included in your wristband/tickets.

If you’d rather not walk the boards, get up in the morning and take a bike up there! It’s a nice flat ride up and down the boardwalk with a great view. There are tons of places to rent bikes right off the boardwalk, and most are fairly cheap. I go to an ice cream shop around 21st street that rents for $6 an hour, which is typically all you need.

There are many shops and stores to look through on the boardwalk, but the best part is the food. If you're looking for some signature boardwalk fries, Curley’s is the place to go, and there are two of them. If you're looking for pizza, there are three places I suggest. Some of the best pizza out there is Mack’s, there are people who will argue that it’s Sam’s, but I disagree. As great as the pizza is, I admit it is a little pricey. Want some pizza that’ll blow your mind? Joe’s pizzeria has a pizza that is literally the size of a table, and for the size you are getting, it comes at a reasonable price. Just looking for one slice as you're walking the boards? I suggest Santino’s, it’s only a dollar a slice, and it’s not bad pizza. Looking for something other than fries or pizza? I suggest Doo Wop diner, a fifties style diner that features some classic diner food and really good milkshakes. For dessert just about any ice cream or funnel cake shop along the boards have got you covered, Unless you're up for some Polish water ice (there is I believe four of them on the boardwalk) which even offers free samples all the time, day or night. If you take a step away from the boardwalk you’ll find many a seafood places, pancake shops, primo hoagies, and my favorite the Vegas Diner.

Off the Island:

If you’re willing to venture off the island there are more things to discover. Right off the island you’ll find Rio Grande, which has tons of thrift shops, a Walmart and Five Below to get all your beach needs cheap, and a movie theater in case some of your plans get dampered on by the weather.

My favorite place to venture off the island though, is Sunset Beach. Probably not the kind of beach you want to play on or lay on, as it’s more pebbles and stones than sand. But it has a bunch of cute shops to walk around in and a nice place to get a bite to eat. There are also a few war memorials around this beach, one right there in the ocean, as you can still see a concrete ship that is slowly sinking into the water.

Whatever you do or wherever you go, you’re sure to have a good time in Wildwood N.J.