The Greatest Step for Feminism

The Greatest Step for Feminism

How the Women's March Eliminates Barries and Restores Women's Rights

35
The Greatest Step for Feminism
cnn.com

The Women’s March was the most inspirational protest I have ever seen in my life. I felt compelled to compare to the civil rights movement in the 1960’s and the feminist movements in the 1980’s. Millions of Americans marched around the country’s large cities to dismember the patriarchal establishment that has controlled women through gender wage gap, anti-planned parenthood, domestic violence, etc. This is not an American occurrence but a global issue. America is closing in to end its 300 years of “Man’s tradition”. A tradition dating back to when the Puritans landed on this country. The Plymouth Bay colony in Present day Massachusetts had a religious Christian order called Puritans whose radical segregation from the Anglican Church ignited to form a new tradition in the New World. Puritans did come to the New World to practice a religious freedom that did not offer any separation of civil order. Unlike a democratic amendment, they concluded to burning and to shaming those who will not agree to their theocracy. A couple of methods of this “religious freedom” still continues to this very day. One method is the oppression of women. A popular faith to hinder a woman’s rights and take power in this nation has caused more harm. Women in the past that lead to the suffrage movement, feminism, and same-sex marriage knew their oppression and use it as a weapon. Every woman who thinks it is fine for a man to beat her and never stop domestic violence is not a 21st century woman but an “it”. Many legal institutions have the crazies run a muck and prevent more 21st century women to come out of their submissive lives control by a man or a group of men. Culture standards closed women to have the proper freedom for women to divorce peacefully. Meaning, the woman is freely to divorce but it is harassed. Ones who stare at the children convince they have something to do with the mother and the mother is not a fit mother to keep a family together even though the father is the breadwinner? The Massachusetts Bay Colony holded another tradition proudly: to stay isolated as possible. Running your government with no crown owning your land is a blessing. The Plymouth colony even though isolated will have a benefit to focus on the economy and politics with no interference of foreign powers, but this also means isolated to new ideas and become xenophobic. Remember the Thanksgiving story every American knows and loves. Pilgrims did not decide to set their differences aside with Native Americans because of one meal. It never happened. Native Americans were killed off from the Pilgrims and the Pilgrims were resorted back to their xenophobic behavior. Why do you think they wanted their own land in the first place? Not to join other people but keep their heritage as proud Puritans. America is strongly unaware at this moment of feminism it is global and years of traditional Puritan isolation has left us confused and scapegoat anyone who thinks differently like a Muslim. Surprisingly enough our ignorance and fear of Islam has gone too far where American citizens will abash a woman who converts to the faith. Why hold religious freedom to all faiths coming to the United States but yet isolate the faith because it ruins our traditions? The time to stop patriarchy poisoning women ends now and will end quickly thanks to the millions of Americans standing up for change and liberty. It is time for our Puritan Christian tradition to stop and a women’s rights to be free and to be safe in the 21st century. America will need to stop its tradition and now connect to the world where we are a lot common than what many say otherwise. Once we pass our Puritan tradition, America will unite with the world to end the segregation between the sexes and become equal once and for all.

The Plymouth Bay colony was never a place for women to run. A settlement held male elections and councils filled with men. A woman was never allowed in these political matters because her job was to feed the kids, take care of the children, and clean the house while the man was away running the town. Her only freedom was the consent of her husband to go anywhere. Locked up and less educated in politics than the men in the village, how was a woman ever going to change the colony? Anne Hutchinson was a Puritan who fought against the male dominant society to advocate a woman’s voice for the settlement in order to increase a democratic village for all men and women. Everyone will have a say in this settlement. However, Hutchinson was banned from the colony because her opinions posed as heresy. Change did not exceed and throughout Hutchinson's life she still believed her ways and died still a Christian. Christianity is a widely concealed faith with many different sects that sponsor several dogmas relating to the Bible. The Episcopal, Methodist, and Immanuel Baptist churches have deeply sympathized the women’s struggle and progress their solidarity and encourage women in positions of influence. But many churches today like the Catholic faith and Orthodox Church does not give entirely all benefits for women to have significant influence in the church like a bishop seat or a priest? This is not to say that religion is to blame for women’s oppression but once a religion becomes a state with radical men it does become oppressed. This is what happen to most women throughout time. The United States does of course support religious freedom but that same religious freedom can allow any religious belief be passed on to any citizen if one wishes to believe it. Even though we have separation of church and state, Conservative Christians, who own the Republican Party, fight to stop abortion because, they believe God creates life and that the woman needs to procreate. A religious belief from the Puritans, in a separation of church and state democracy, is easily encourage which banned a woman and possibly many after Hutchinson. A woman’s body gives live and God does not care whether the woman makes the decision to keep the child or not. Women have free will and God does not. If so you are assuming God wants us to be fruitful and multiply, than explain the many rapes and resulting unwanted abortions woman have to make. Were those men fruitful? And when a woman is fruitful where is her say to multiply the human species? Women are responsible with their faiths the same as men. Doing so, annihilate Puritan tradition of fake religious freedom and allow the women to decide her roles under God alone. The same goes for all women from different faiths. The inspired voice from 300 years ago is thriving out of Hutchison’s grave and travels in the souls of millions of women who are tired of religious Puritan oppression.

Feminism finds a grey equity between the conservative and liberal agenda to deny Puritan roots. Picture a young boy four years old in Texas with his two parents after 12 years of marriage decide to have a divorce. His mother claimed custody; the same mother build a career as a project manager for several of the biggest companies. A mother that encouraged the son to love the arts and understand the fundamental rules how the arts help humans. The same mother who said women have the same rights as men and never call a woman a slut or a whore even though she may look like it. It is because you can judge her even if she decided to live that life, it will never help her time to leave that life if it harms her. The father had well jobs and cracked under pressure to have more money than the mother. It never worked and he accepted the other will provide money. He felt this way because he was told the man is the breadwinner but later realized insanity will devour his mind and he must listen to his wife to stay calm and save the marriage. The father always cared for his son and later finished school to become a nurse. He works in a hospital under the same university where his son goes to school. Doing so, the father can give his son a half price discount of college tuition. But this same boy with these two parents knew political ideas are divided into two things: Republican Party and Democratic Party. These adults both raised in different Christian sects: Baptist and Church of God. Throughout this boy’s whole life, he knew how divided his parents are and wonders now what to believe. Divorce never affected me because my parents were very loving and caring to my behavior and in the very end they taught me to have a positive outlook. Yes my parents were divided but my life would have an isolated mind to think either liberal or conservative. Baptist or Church of God. If parents were one side only. My parents knew they were divided which meant to teach their child different perspectives and open-minded to knew ideas. From my father I picked a lot of Republican ideas and my mother side i picked of Democract ideas. The point for the divorce was to not blame me for causing it; it was on them alone. For twenty years I never thought about divorce as a crucial matter for others. I do have a strong feeling it has put a huge baggage to both of my parents which religious orders promote divorce as a sin between two people under a binding God contract. Marriage and divorce are both civil contracted agreements. I think the huge dogma behind many radical men is define marriage as that scared bond for two loving Christians to create your covenant with God. I doubt if God cares if couples have sex on their honeymoon as well. Point is, divorce does not affect the child at all if the parents tell the child honestly it is a realistic part of relationship.

Feminism has made the quiet whisper of the word divorce to a common sphere of influence. Yet the traditions from the religious past still come back to haunt us. If marriage is a sacred bond, name all the Prophets who had affairs with their wives? If marriage is a sacred bond, why is it more common for the male to resort into domestic violence? I think it is male conviction to restore a fake Christian utopia to control women which was never the case of early Christians. Killing off this Puritan tradition once and for all will not build a horrible image of divorce, children will not be blamed and more importantly the woman is no less of a woman if she does want a divorce.

Feminism is not an American phenomenon but a global outcry. There are many countries who have suffered worse than us. Women in democratic nations want the same representation as Americans. Holding the deep isolated tradition keeps us distant on how many women are suffering under male dominance. There are dozens of countries who have women experiencing the same oppression from the same institutions like religion, culture, and social standards. These are real anecdotes from women around the world. I asked these women how they are treated in their home country, and any signs of inequality between the sexes. I will not reveal their names for their safety to have no one to harass these women.

One woman from France:

A girlfriend spoke the other day with her father (who is rather in computer science). He pointed out to her that there were not many women in certain circles, including engineering. She told him that they were conditioned from childhood. Her father did not agree. But she pointed out that small, she was only entitled to dolls while her brother had plenty of construction sets and legacies. Later, when her brother was a teenager, the father always came to see him by showing him stuff on the computer, how to cope with such and such a machine. While her line had to come to the father to have this knowledge. Similarly, for the choice of the profession, the father immediately encouraged his son in the same way as him. But he did not care about his daughter's tastes. And the father dares to say that there are not enough women engineers or in high positions. But simply because one is conditioned to make "trades of girls". And even when women reach high spheres, rather masculine, well they do not have the same wages. And if they want to evolve then we will make them understand that for this one must be ready to sleep. In another register. A girl from my promo (one is in physiotherapy studies) was doing an internship with rugby players. Well she was entitled to full of sexual undertones while she manipulated them. Just because it was a girl, the guys thought they could afford to disrespect her. And then there is also pink marketing. Targeted products for women (razor for example) are more expensive than men's. A single razor just because it is pink costs more .It is abuse.

One woman from Spain:

Here in Spain the salary of a woman is lower than that of a man, whether you are a waitress or a politician. But for example I have charged more than a man. Abortion is political, it depends on who governs and the belief of this may or may not, I think it’s silly, they are telling us that we have to have a child that we do not want, we are forced, here in Spain it is legal abortion for now. Look here in Spain the laws are (vulgar word for boob), I am in favor of abortion, but in other types of cases, violence against women puff I will tell you last year how many women dying here in Spain at the hands of their partners. 57 women dying for mistreatment and until they die they do not condemn, I flip! Here you have to kill to be condemned, and not even that, a 17 year old boy killed and raped a girl and this (vulgar word rhymes with ducking) child is in the street, and we still do not know where the body is, is the case of Marta del Caste, you can read it online.

One woman from Philippines:

Filipina women are respected and held in the Philippines. Gives them a chance to be normal individual as male Filipinos. Balancing respects Filipino people have to map a male or female.

One woman from Honduras:

My argument as a woman is that we should be treated with more courage; Since many times and mostly men are macho and do not respect us do not take us into account, we use as a sexual object and as their maids but in themselves do not value us as they should do.

The eyes will not lie. The truth is there. Women around the world have the same disturbance as women in the United States. Men did not respect them. Women are not acknowledged for their values and only treated as a valuable sex object. Not to mention the huge injustice on civil law. Letting a murderous rapist walk on the streets is against the security of women and bashes a faithful democracy to allow a known criminal in the country. The gender wage gap and programming which fields are exclusive to males and females is unacceptable if all the globe will ever unite one day under one planet, one nation. Taking away our isolated attitude can open America to connect with these brave women. Workout a plan to end the mistreatment of women worldwide and build a better tomorrow.

Muslim women express the same feminist movement as the Women’s March. America is one the most nations hateful toward Muslims from the 9/11 attacks. The Conservative Christian Recht thinks it is absolutely necessary to target Muslims and especially thinking all Muslim women are submissive to their husbands and have never contributed to help the Arab world. Arab women have went through hardship and disarray farther than any American can imagine. These women live in a world that lost its great empire after World War 1 and smothered from Western colonial powers that continued to rule them. After Western imperialism ended, the Arab countries were left to rule themselves. It was a promising time to have pan-Arabism (the proud nature of being an Arab) but the sad truth is several countries were left to the ruling minority class. The ruling class manipulated the common people to order submissive laws for women and men. It is slowly changing to a democratic world but it will move faster if the democratic nations help build a trust in the Arab world. Never again have the Arab world submit to an aristocracy. Help bury the ruling classes destroying the countries from the inside. America still wishes to ban the Muslim woman when in fact the nation can learn if it listens. A dear friend of mine lives in Saudi Arabia. She states:

Women’s rights in Saudi Arabia are limited. Liked for example, women here can not travel abroad without the consent of either her husband of father or other “male” relative. And as you know we still don’t have the right to drive. Also we are not allowed to use public swimming pools or gyms. Although there are some gyms for women but usually they are small and usually located in houses as a small business. Also, I can’t open a bank account without the permission from my father or husband. In short, as a Saudi woman, I can’t do anything alone here and i have no freedom at all. In addition, there are some jobs that are restricted for men only even if the woman has all the skills to do it and has men all the requirements, they don't accept her and simply the reason is “she is a woman”. The sports here and competitive events are only for men and women not allowed to participate in any sport activity. Okay! Although women’s rights have been incrementally extended nowadays as we were allowed to vote in municipal elections for the first time last year but the actions are still very very restricted. We are not permitted to go outside uncovered. And if any woman d that is considered as a crime. There some villages in Saudi Arabia where young girls are forced to marry at young age even if the husband is 65 years old and she still 14 or younger. (This happens largely in villages but the big cities are rare). The divorce is very hard for women unlike men. Socializing between men and women if they are not relatives are not allowed. Means I can’t have a male friend and sit with him in public.

Many American women are converting to the Islamic faith because they see equality between the sexes inside the Quran. One American Muslim activist converted to Islam five years ago and never looked back. Asking her how she feels being an American Muslim woman she says,

I don't really consider myself a feminist. I didn’t know anything about the march until the day of. Neither the Quran or the Bible really promote feminism in my opinion. However I believe the Quran is more liberal in certain ways then is the bible. It is culture that interferes with religion. Some people cannot separate the two. But I do believe it is men who suppress us. Our government suppress us. Not just women but all people. But here in Kentucky no matter how liberal they claim to be, the mentality is still in the dark ages in many small communities. And although they claim we are free, it isn’t so. I have atheist in my family and homosexuals and their right to choose is more accepted than my religious beliefs. Many people here are hostile to Muslims. More so towards women though. For some reason the hijab is offensive even though the virgin Mary was covered. And people are much more hostile to me because I am a white American. I am looked upon as a traitor to my country in many people’s minds.

American feminist must take steps to now destroy the male dominant government tradition and keep equal rights for a very long time. After taking a course about Women in Islam, there are more freedoms for women in the Quran than what most people believe. The hijab for an example is not to isolate women or label women obedient to men. The hijab is a symbol of modesty, an escape against male’s stare because of her body and beauty. It is not specific in Quran any particular headcovering is necessary but it is encouraged for the woman to keep her modesty. Different Arabic countries establish their hijab rights but it is mainly the woman’s choice to cover her hair, not any man. These schools of thought range everywhere in the Arab world but the worst school of thought that deliberately attacks women not in the name of the Prophet is Saudi Arabia, the same nation living under a terrifying monarch ruler who wants to spread the brutal school of thought in this country where the Prophet was born. Eliminating the Puritan tradition of hating different cultures because it ruins our based faith of Christianity will never continue. These brave Muslim women can opens our eyes to see how a theocracy just like our Puritan tradition restricts us from learning about each other.

The most honest man can not lie to the crowd, yelling and screaming, but a liar can please the crowd yelling peace and justice. Listen closely who is lying to. The liar will tell you everything is fine but the honest will tell make a change because you are living a lie. That is what all feminist around world see. A huge lie with honest women revealing the injustice of their rights. Never waste time to present facts to those who think they know everything about the ridiculous stereotypes towards women. Educate the women who say feminism is not for them. It is for all. Reeducate the males who rape and commit every aspect of violence to a woman who never brought harm to society. Establish a new religious freedom for every women to practice her faith and every radical must ignore the Puritan demands as it does more harm than good. Watch on the television and point fingers to every error the media makes about women to never have the chance in the Oval Office. Demand Congress to maintain the rights for women’s rights. Don’t judge the world that never sees the United States as a great tool. Why live in a democracy that promotes under the law while the highest authority can launch executive order? My democracy is the last stand to have my rights as the true power of this government. A government meaning the people have power. It is time to stop the illusion every is fine. Whatever I say may never come true with voting. Voting is not the only action a democracy works. Assemble again and again! Make a change and write up every Congressmen on your not vote list and segregate them. We can not waste time. The words that comes from their mouths will not stop. Their nonsense will continue unless they see the errors. Rise up brave, beautiful women and enjoy a future world of equality!