best sweet tea

A Definitive Ranking Of Fast Food Sweet Tea, As Told By A Certified Southerner

I mean, even bad sweet tea is better than no sweet tea, but that doesn't mean I'm not picking where we eat lunch based on the tea quality.

186

Everyone knows that sweet tea is God's personal gift to mankind. It's cold, it's refreshing, it's good on its own or with food, and it's sweet.

The perfect drink, y'all.

But let's not pretend that some sweet tea isn't better than other sweet tea, especially when it comes to fast food chains. I mean, even bad sweet tea is better than no sweet tea, but that doesn't mean I'm not picking where we eat lunch based on the tea quality.

And I've tried A LOT of different fast food sweet teas over the years of my life, so trust me when I say that this is the definitive ranking of all fast food sweet teas:

1. Pal's Sudden Service

c1.staticflickr.com

If you don't have a Pal's, then that's your loss because it is amazing. The food is great and so is the customer service, but the tea is the best. That tea has gotten me through both good and bad times in my life. Honestly, probably going to go get some after I finish writing because now I'm thinking about it...

2. Chick-fil-A

To be 100% fair, Chick-fil-A's tea is made extra amazing by the fact that their food is so good. It's the perfect compliment to any fried chicken meal they offer. It's not so sweet that you want to die after drinking it, but it has just enough sugar to be amazing.

3. Cookout

upload.wikimedia.org

Okay so I've heard several people complain that Cookout tea is too sweet for them. Personally, I go get Cookout tea anytime I'm not around a Pal's but wish I could have Pal's tea. I think it's great to drink with their food or have on it's own. Definitely a solid #3 choice here, people.

4. Zaxby's

c1.staticflickr.com

Zaxby's is basically a knock-off, slightly-healthier-because-they-offer-salads version of Chick-fil-A. That being said, their tea functions in basically the same way. A very good fourth choice, but not a one or two. Need I say more?

5. Raising Cane's 

upload.wikimedia.org

Cane's is another knock-off Chick-fil-A, but I honestly think that they's less healthy than Chick-fil-A if that's possible. Their tea is pretty good, but nothing that I'd go out of my way to get or think about wanting at a random time.

6. Popeye's

c1.staticflickr.com

Honestly, Popeye's is sixth on the list because I don't remember what it tastes like. But I know that I would remember if it was bad, so there's that.

7. Arby's

c1.staticflickr.com

Similarly to Popeye's, I don't remember anything about Arby's tea other than the fact that it exists. So seventh place for existing I guess?

8. KFC

KFC's tea is meh. Not good, not bad. You could definitely do worse, but you could also do much, much better.

9. Dairy Queen

upload.wikimedia.org

Dairy Queen's tea borders on syrupy every time I have it. Like, why does it taste so weak, but so sugary? Please explain. Basically, if you're going to DQ, stick to ice cream.

10. McDonald's 

Do I still get tea if I have to eat at McDonald's, yes? Is it good? Nope. Not really at all. It's like drinking sugar water. No one wants that. We want to taste at least some tea in there.

11. Burger King

Just no.

12. Wendy's 

c1.staticflickr.com

I have no idea what Wendy's puts in the cup, but it is NOT tea. There's no way. It might be something that started out as tea, but it's mostly just some kind of weird sugary juice water stuff. Basically, just don't do it. It isn't worth it.