The 'Final Five' At The Team Final

The 'Final Five' At The Team Final

"We are the final five!"

10
The 'Final Five' At The Team Final
FOX Sports

On Aug. 9, 2016, the US Women's Gymnastics Team made history by winning the team gold for the second time in a row, and by a whopping eight total points ahead from Russia, the silver team medalists.

Here are the results for the US Women's Team for the Team Finals from NBC Olympics

:

1. Vault

Simone Biles

Maximum Score: 16.300

Difficulty: 6.300

Execution: 9.633

Final Score: 15.933

Laurie Hernandez

Maximum Score: 15.800

Difficulty: 5.800

Execution: 9.300

Final Score: 15.100

Aly Raisman

Maximum Score: 16.300

Difficulty: 6.300

Execution: 9.533

Final Score: 15.833

Team Total: 46.866

2. Uneven bars

Simone Biles

Maximum Score: 16.100

Difficulty: 6.100

Execution: 8.700

Final Score: 14.800

Gabby Douglas

Maximum Score: 16.500

Difficulty: 6.500

Execution: 9.266

Final Score: 15.766

Madison Kocian

Maximum Score: 16.700

Difficulty: 6.700

Execution: 9.233

Final Score: 15.933

Team Total: 46.499

3. Beam

Simone Biles

Maximum Score: 16.500

Difficulty: 6.500

Execution: 8.800

Final Score: 15.300

Laurie Hernandez

Maximum Score: 16.400

Difficulty: 6.400

Execution: 8.833

Final Score: 15.233

Aly Raisman

Maximum Score: 16.300

Difficulty: 6.300

Execution: 8.700

Final Score: 15.00

Team Total: 45.533

4. Floor

Simone Biles

Maximum Score: 16.700

Difficulty: 6.700

Execution: 9.100

Final Score: 15.800

Laurie Hernandez

Maximum Score: 16.00

Difficulty: 6.00

Execution: 8.833

Final Score: 14.833

Aly Raisman

Maximum Score: 16.500

Difficulty: 6.500

Execution: 8.866

Final Score: 15.366

Team Total: 45.999

Final Team Total: 184.897

Russia clinched the silver with 176.688 total points and China won the bronze at 176.003 points.

Simone Biles was the only team member to compete in all four events while Aly Raisman and Laurie Hernandez competed in three (vault, floor and beam) while Gabby Douglas and Madison Kocian only competed in only one event (uneven bars).

Team USA was the overwhelming favorite to win the team competition after the success of the Fierce Five in the 2012 London Olympics. The 2016 team did not disappoint by shattering the competition.

After the final scores were announced, team captain Aly Raisman gathered the team to finally announce the team name. The five women shouted ecstatically, "We are the final five!"

The team dubbed itself as the "Final Five" for two reasons, the first being that they are the last US Olympic Women's Gymnastics team consisting of five, for the team will consist of four for the next Summer Olympics in Tokyo in 2020. The second and main reason for the team name is to honor famed longtime USA Gymnastics coordinator Marta Karolyi since this will be her last Olympics.

With a overwhelming and historic victory, the Final Five will be sure to go down in history as one of the greatest teams in USA Gymnastics, the Olympics and gymnastics in general.