The Donald Trumps His Way To Office

The Donald Trumps His Way To Office

Why Hate the Player When We Should Hate The Game?
6

The Donald Trumps His Way to Office

By the time this goes hot off the press, it will have been over a week since The Donald took the helm of the United States. Ever since there was a palpable notion that he may take the presidency, there has been quite a bit of outcry from various groups of people, that include but is not limited to: most millennials, people with more liberal views, the LGBTQ community and more. Under the First Amendment, everybody is entitled to express their opinions. If you’re reading this and you’re thinking to yourself, “I smell a big hairy but coming up”, you're right. With that said, I would like to bring to light the fact that we’re misusing and misdirecting these acts of protest. The Donald has won the election and nothing will change that, rioting in the streets will be of no benefit, and finally, remember the Democratic National Committee (DNC for short) had a phenomenal candidate which they seemed to disregard.

As of election day 2016, Donald J. Trump was elected. Some people are upset that he, according to CNN, lost the popular vote by about 2.9 million votes. But may I remind you that elections are not determined by popular vote in this country. Ladies and Gents, this is your nation’s outdated election process failing to represent who we as a country saw fit. By this I mean our Electoral College. A bill which was passed into law in 1803, ratified in 1804; still dictates how we determine elections. I hope I don't sound ludicrous when I say, a bill that is 213 years old may be a bit out of date.

Moving on, I understand that there is a minimum of 65,844,954 people, according to CNN, who are unhappy with this elections results. However, that doesn’t give one single person the right to go out, riot and create chaos. Children throw tantrums when they don’t get what they want; not political activists that are 18 years or older. Secondly, change is not made in one bold action, small victories are the name of the game. In other words, if you have a problem with the man in the white castle on Capitol Hill; may I recommend you email, call, send carrier pigeons or something to get in contact with your House and Senate representatives. It may also behoove you to have a specific concern in mind to discuss. Better yet, provide a rectification. From there with any luck, it will work its way to the tippy top of the food chain and become law. However slim the possibility, it beats a temper tantrum any day. Perhaps we follow in pursuit of of the footsteps (no pun intended) of the Women's March that took place on inauguration day http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/0.... There peaceful protests got the masses involved and more importantly caught the attention of the media. Above all, these demonstrations were peaceful, productive, and potent dare I say.

Lastly, I’d like to take a minute to reminisce a couple months ago to the primary elections. Bernie Sanders was still in the race, and had gained an incredible amount of momentum for the democratic nomination. According to a poll conducted by MSNBC back in June, they predicted that Sanders would have the best chance of defeating The Donald; restoring peace to the galaxy. So why did the DNC take the chance of keeping Secretary Clinton on the ballot? Why did they not play it safe in an election this decisive, and nip the problem in the butt early on? It appears this is a question lacking a satisfying answer.

As the old saying goes, don’t hate the player (The Donald) hate the game (politics, specifically the DNC in this case). The DNC may very well be the equivalent of some dude in a trench coat (other articles of clothing questionable) hanging out in a parking garage. What I’m saying (and this is completely my opinion based off how the election and surrounding events went), is that the DNC’s agenda seems sketchy at the least. It would appear they don’t have the public’s best interests in mind any longer. Keeping Secretary Clinton in the race as opposed to “feeling the Bern” is just one example. So, a message for the frustrated liberal: may I suggest an audit into the actions of organizations such as the DNC

The Donald won the election and nothing will change that, rioting in the streets will be of no benefit, and the DNC seemed to disregard “Birdie”. However, the ball is in the court of the Republican Controlled House and Senate. Whatever policy, law, or executive order that is churned out in the next two years’ minimum will be a product of those entities, for better or worse. Lastly, in times of much uncertainty such as these, it is imperative to unify what is morally right for society, the environment, and our Great Nation as a whole. The United States consists of 318.9 million people and counting. The only way to come together and conquer those issues is not as a nation divided by sex, color, or creed; but as one, indivisible nation.