10 teams who can make a run at the College Football Playoff

10 Teams With A Real Chance To Make The College Football Playoff

It is almost that time of year again. College football is almost here. It is never too early to predict who will make the Playoff.

15

The College Football Playoff is headed into its sixth season. Four teams will be selected to compete for the National Championship. The following teams have the best chance to enter the playoff by seasons end.

10. Oregon

cdn.theathletic.com

The Oregon Ducks have perhaps the best quarterback in the Pac-12. The return of Justin Herbert has Oregon energized headed into 2019. Their first game against Auburn will be a true test. The Ducks will have a chance to prove they mean business on the national stage.

9. Michigan

img.bleacherreport.net

This is a make or break year for Jim Harbaugh and Michigan. He has yet to beat chief rival Ohio State during his tenure as head coach. Wins against other top 25 teams on the Wolverines' schedule will be crucial to their playoff hopes in the 2019 season.

8. Texas

cdn.vox-cdn.com

Texas managed to pull off two huge upsets in 2018. They beat Big 12 rival Oklahoma and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. The Longhorns are poised to make a run at the Big 12 title and challenge Oklahoma. Quarterback Sam Ehlinger is also ready for a dark horse Heisman campaign.

7. Wisconsin

media.clickondetroit.com

Wisconsin is always competitive in the Big Ten West Division. Paul Chryst has continued to make big splashes at bowl games during his tenure in Madison. Big games against Michigan and Ohio State will be a chance for the Badgers. Big Ten supremacy is on the line for Wisconsin in 2019.

6. Notre Dame

College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic - Clemson v Notre Dame

cdn-s3.si.com

Notre Dame made their first appearance in the College Football Playoff in 2018. In the Cotton Bowl they were embarrassed by eventual National Champion Clemson. 2019 will be a fresh start for the Irish. Tough games against Georgia, Michigan, and USC will certainly have playoff implications.

5. LSU

athlonsports.com

The Tigers are the only contender in the SEC West aside from Alabama. LSU went 9-3 in 2018 and defeated UCF in the Fiesta Bowl. The SEC is always a cut throat football conference. LSU will have a chance to beat Alabama in early November.

4. Ohio State

NCAA Football: Rose Bowl Game-Ohio State vs Washington

buckeyewire.files.wordpress.com

Ohio State will not be the same team without Urban Meyer. It will be strenuous to replace one of the program's most successful coaches. Truth be told however, the Buckeyes are always in contention for a Big Ten Championship. The Buckeyes will find a way to stand out when it comes to crunch time.

3. Georgia

cdn-s3.si.com

Georgia was an overtime away from winning it all in 2017. The Bulldogs are once again primed for a playoff run in the 2019 season. Quarterback Jake Fromm is also a legitimate Heisman Trophy contender. All roads lead to another SEC Championship Game appearance for Georgia this season.

2. Clemson

cdn-s3.si.com

The Clemson Tigers are once again the defending National Champions. Head Coach Dabo Swinney has made the Tigers a college football powerhouse. Clemson has another opportunity to finish the season undefeated. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence played outstanding during the College Football Playoff. The sky is the limit for Lawrence and the Tigers in 2019.

1. Alabama

NCAA Football: Louisville at Alabama

sportshub.cbsistatic.com

Let's face it, Alabama will always be a National Championship contender so long as Nick Saban is the head coach. Alabama has been in every single College Football Playoff since its inception. The Crimson Tide are already a near shoe in for an SEC Championship appearance.

As college football fans approach another season, speculation on the playoff is all a part of the fun. The teams listed have incredible talent on the field and on the sidelines. The 2019 season is a promising one.