Check In With Yourself

It's easy to fall out of sync with who you are with everything going on in your day to day life, but you need to always remember to take a few moments of your day, or week, or month, to check back in with yourself and ask yourself if you're truly happy. Life moves quickly and you can get so caught up day to day in everything going on around you.

One day, you're best friends with one person and the next it feels like you might not fully know them. One day, you're flying high at your job and the next it feels like you don't even know why you're there. One day, you feel like you and your significant other are so insanely connected and on the same page that you think it'll last forever, and the next you're crying on your couch because you feel like you're wasting your time with someone who doesn't understand you. It's so easy to get lost in the ebbs and flows of your life that it almost feels like you're just going through the motions instead of fully living your life. This is when you need to make sure to check in with yourself.

It can be setting time alone to work out or cook or read a book or really do anything that makes you feel more like yourself, or it can be journaling or going to therapy or doing something to help deepen your understanding of who you are. It can be any type of check in so that you feel like you had that mental refresh to know who you are, what you're doing and the purposes behind doing it. It can be completely mindset changing or it can be shutting off your mind from your hectic life. Just make sure you're making time for yourself in order to check in to see how you're doing.

Let's put it this way: you check in with your favorite shows, whether it's watching them every week or stalking the actors on social media. You check in with your family to see how they're doing. You check in with your friends to catch up on the gossip or on their lives. You check in with almost everyone around you, so why are you skipping out on yourself?

It's hard to put yourself first when you're constantly checking in with other people. You get so used to always figuring out ways to be there for them or to make time to even spend time with them, but you need to always remember to make time for you and check in with yourself. You could have the absolute worst day in the world but make sure to acknowledge that and do things to not only feel better but to accept and move on from it.

Making time for yourself can be so incredibly hard. Making sure you are okay also can be incredibly hard, but always check in with yourself. You want to give yourself to so many people and be there for everyone around you - make sure to be there for yourself. Doing this will not only help you be the best version of you, but it'll help you be the best you for everyone you love.