A Letter To The Person Struggling With Their Self Image, You Will See Your Light

The way you talk up your best friend is exactly how you should hype yourself up.

106
Photo by DANNY G on Unsplash

Let your hair down. I know you can't today but you will in the future, and it will be the most freeing process of your life. Make all of the mistakes that you want to, and don't allow anyone's opinion change the way you feel about yourself. There are billions of people in the world, and the only perception that matters of the person in the mirror is yours. Don't doubt yourself at any point because you are who you've always wanted to be and you will continue to find that person within your existence. It's okay that you're going through a hard time, but remember that all of these negative feelings are temporary.

Your skin is reflecting how you feel inside, don't let others frame you as someone you're not. We both know who you are. Let your hair down. Don't blow-dry it today, or flat iron it tomorrow. You don't need to. It's okay to not look "perfect' all of the time, we all have our days. Makeup? Eh, you don't need it. Smile more, laugh at the jokes that you're nervous to die at because of what you might think you'll hear. We've all struggled with our reflections at some point, rather we want to admit it or not. We are all flawed in our own ways which make us human, and it's the second we embrace it that counts.

Hug your friends and tell them how much they matter to you. There are going to be some bumps in the road, but there will be people who love you waiting at the end. Don't worry about the clothes that you're wearing to class, the only one who cares about those is you. Take care of yourself, smile as much as you want and can, but also cry if you need to. Every day brings upon a new challenge and a different scenario, yet I know for a fact that you can handle it. I know that you're nervous about what people might say or how they can possibly make you feel. Just remember that you're strong and everything that you've been through in the past has prepared you for today.

Listen to the compliments that people give you and don't shrug them away immediately. Smile and thank those who build you up, and don't give the time of the day to people who break you down. Allow yourself to seek happiness because you deserve it and always will. The way you talk up your best friend is exactly how you should hype yourself up. You have hype men all around you, and one day you'll learn to be your own because you're badass. We all cry sometimes, but laughter is the best medicine so if you don't have a good day that's totally fine. You might look at yourself, and become unhappy with what you're seeing but just know it's completely temporary. Every day we are changing and things are happening around and to us. Let yourself be a part of the change, and things will get better.