Yup, I'm STILL Single, And I'm OK With It
relationships

My single heart only breaks about it when I watch "The Notebook."

143

Honestly,

I'm not going to pretend like I sometimes don't want to take cute Instagram worthy pictures with someone, or have someone be my date for events because I do. There are times where I wish I wasn't single. Where I would do anything to just have someone be madly in love with me.

However, I've gotten to the point where I also embrace being single.

The freedom that I have is insane, if I want to flirt with someone, I can. If I want to dance with someone at a party, I can. I can be on Tinder, Bumble, etc. I can go on dates, test the waters, I don't have to be committed and tied down, and I can just keep living my life doing what I want and not having to think about another person.

I don't ever have to spend money on an extra person at dinner or worry about what to get my significant other for an anniversary. There's no pressure on me to have to remember an anniversary date and no pressure on having to have "the talk."

The talk where you confess your feelings and find out that the other person doesn't want to become exclusive and they just want to keep things casual and then yo — anyway, it's a good thing I'm not in a relationship because I don't ever have to wonder where I stand in the relationship.

I like being single because I'm doing it for me. Eventually, I want to be in a serious relationship, I have a longterm goal of marriage, but for now, I'm just living. I am stress-free and doing this for me. I could be in a relationship, but honestly, if you're single, maybe you're just not ready for one yet.

I used to think I was single because "no one liked me," but then I opened my eyes and looked at the opportunities I rejected just because I wasn't ready to give up the single life yet.

So no, the single life didn't choose me, I chose it, and if I'm being honest? I kind of like it.