9 Times 'Schitt's Creek' Explained How We Are All Feeling During Quarantine

Since the only thing I'm doing now is watching Netflix.

447

The unfortunate reality of quarantine is currently making almost everyone on edge. Even if you're using this time to be productive by exploring your hobbies or working on your fitness from home, we are all counting down the innumerable days until we can return back to our regular routines.

Unlike those who are experimenting with art or doing anything even remotely productive, I am taking this time in isolation to finally watch some television shows that have been on my list for years. I'm usually hesitant when it comes to engaging in something new since I prefer to rewatch the same series over and over again. Once I realized that I was beginning to memorize every line of Parks and Recreation, I knew it was time to branch out.

One of the most recommended shows on my list was Schitt's Creek, a series created by a father and son who happen to be two of the main characters: Eugene Levy and Dan Levy. It follows the hilarious journey of a wealthy family who loses everything and has to relocate to the small town of Schitt's Creek. It took me a few episodes to really become invested, but after that, I was hooked.

Alhough most of us can't necessarily relate to losing billions of dollars in a matter of days like the Rose family, we know what it's like to have our normal life ripped away from us during this global pandemic. For an upper-class family, they're much more relatable than I thought they would be.

1. When We Were First Told About Having to be Quarantined

media.giphy.com

Let's face it: no one wants to be stuck at home all day.

2. Trying a New Hobby Since You're Bored

media0.giphy.com

Never crocheted in your life? Want to learn how to paint with your feet? This is your time to shine!

3. When the Days of Quarantine Keep Being Extended

media3.giphy.com

We know we can't do anything to fix it, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

4. Finally Forcing Yourself to Change Out of Your Pajamas

i.gifer.com

It's the small victories that really count during all of this.

5. Just Thinking About Reading the News

pillowfortmedia.s3.amazonaws.com

When things keep getting worse every day, it's hard to even want to stay informed.

6. Realizing the Government Could Have Taken Action Sooner

media2.giphy.com

Honestly, those $1200 relief checks don't even begin to cut it.

7. Doing Your Best to Practice Social Distancing

media.giphy.com

The perfect excuse to avoid talking to my siblings.

8. Modeling Your Unwashed Sweatpants for Your Family

i.gifer.com

They may have day-old stains from pasta sauce, but they're still fashionable.

9. Watching All Essential Personnel Continue to Work

img.buzzfeed.com

Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, cashiers, baggers, stockers, truck drivers, teachers, and everyone else who continue to risk their lives for our safety.

Quarantine definitely sucks, but as long as we stick to it to the best of our abilities, we will get through this. Remember: staying inside can save lives!