Popular Right Now
Life is overwhelming and distracting so it's easy to forget about yourself sometimes, but practicing small self-care acts is easy. Making time for yourself every day isn't selfish and is really good for your mental health. I think it's important for everyone to spend time doing things that make them happy and more calm, even if you only dedicate 20 minutes each day. Putting yourself first can lead to growth so many other aspects of your life.
Obviously, each person is allowed to practice self-care in their own unique way, but here are some ideas to get you started!
1. Do something new.
2. Make a list of things you need to get done that week.
3. Drink some hot tea.
4. Go for a walk on a scenic trail.
5. Paint your nails.
6. Have a good laugh.
7. Buy yourself flowers.
8. Light a candle.
9. Do some tidying up.
10. Don't feel bad for saying 'no.'
11. Listen to music.
12. Slow down.
13. Drink a smoothie.
14. Run mindless errands.
15. Write down your goals for the week.
16. Talk to someone about the future.
17. Wake up early and get coffee.
18. Take care of a plant.
19. Take a bubble bath.
20. Give yourself a compliment.
21. Give a stranger a compliment.
22. Watch a movie.
23. Put your phone down.
24. Declutter your personal space.
25. Go to bed early.
26. Pray or meditate.
27. Go for a drive.
28. Make it a habit to stargaze.
29. Read a book.
30. Read poems.
31. Sing loudly.
32. Make a list of things you're grateful for.
33. Drink a lot of water.
34. Put on make-up for no reason.
35. Watch funny videos.
36. Take a deep breath.
37. Distance yourself from negativity.
38. Unfollow people you don't care to follow on social media.
39. Have a pajama day.
40. Read an inspirational book.
41. Call your parents/ loved ones.
42. Donate old clothing.
43. Dedicate a day out of the week to not eating meat.
44. Do a fun craft or DIY project.
45. Put on a face mask and relax.
46. Do a small workout.
47. Take a power nap.
48. Listen to a podcast.
49. Open a window.
50. Open your curtains in the morning to let in natural light.
51. Make your bed.
52. Cook dinner instead of eating out.
53. Play/ cuddle with an animal.
54. At the end of the day, think of all the positive things that happened.
56. Buy a comforting blanket.
57. Give someone a hug.
58. Create a vision board.
59. Have some alone time.
60. Enjoy the sun on your skin.
61. Dance like nobody is watching.
62. Walk in the rain every once in a while.
63. Drive with the windows down.
64. Give someone a gift for no reason.
65. Get a massage.
66. Do something that gets your adrenaline running.
67. Spend the day at the library or a book store.
68. Organize your work space/ binders.
69. Spend a weekend in.
70. Recognize hard work and reward yourself.
71. Sign up for a work out class.
72. Eat lunch with a friend.
73. Spend the day helping others.
74. Get your hair done.
75. Have a good cry.
76. Use sticky notes.
77. Color code your planner.
78. Print out pictures and hang them up.
79. Hang motivational quotes on your mirror and read them when you get ready.
80. Do random acts of kindness.
81. Buy fuzzy socks.
82. Redecorate or rearrange furniture.
83. Be present.
84. Set a new years resolution.
85. Make a bucket list.
86. Stretch in the morning.
87. Watch an interesting documentary.
88. Make a music playlist.
89. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
90. Explore somewhere new.
91. Be slow to respond to negativity.
92. Have a game night with friends.
93. Buy concert tickets.
94. Have a nightly routine before bed.
95. Eat your favorite dessert.
96. Do something you've been putting off.
97. Invest in essential oils.
98. Manage your finances.
99. Buy a new outfit.
100. Make your own gratitude list.
Try at least one of these every week and see how you feel! I guarantee you will notice a difference in the way you are living your life.
It's the season of stress
When people seem the busiest
Final exams, presents and time
Students grades are on the line
Is it really the season of love and giving
Or are people too worried about money and winning
People stress about everything, big or small
It is not healthy all in all
Stress plagues peoples lives
People are too focused on "mine, mine mine"
In the world we live in, what can we do
About not having people or outlets to turn to
In a world with such confusion
And problems knocking at the door
Is anyone paying attention
To the call of the people anymore
Stress may seem overbearing
Or impossible to defeat
Keep your eyes on the dreams
You've always wanted to complete
Stress is just a roadblock
On the road called life
Continue to press on
It will be alright