Top 10 Fitness Classes Ranked

Top 10 Fitness Classes Ranked

For when you can't decide whether to go to spin or pilates.

287
Pexels.com

I swear I have been to every single type of group fitness classes offered. And there is a LOT of different types. It can be super scary to step into a classes with names like power something, or bootcamp something or another, and not know what to expect. Below is your full-detailed guide to how many calories you will burn, what to expect, and what to wear. Keep this article in mind when u can't decide whether to hit up spin or pilates, or TRX.

P90X

P90X can sound super intimidating but honestly it's my favorite class. It is adaptable for all ages and sizes and you are free to go at your own pace. The instructor will tell you what equipment will be used and you can grab what weights suit you. Also, it is timed, so maybe you can only do 10 reps but the girl beside you did 15, it doesn't matter, when the song changes, everyone moves to the next thing together. I usually wear shorts or cropped leggings and a tank, along with my tennis shoes. A 45-60 min class will burn about 600 calories.

HIIT

HIIT has been all the fitness rage for several months now and honestly it has good reason to be. If you only have 30 minutes to work out, experts are saying that HIIT is going to give you the most bang for your buck, rather than getting on the treadmill or elliptical for that same time. HIIT training works every muscle group and is a series of exercises repeated for 30 seconds to a minute and then the whole series is repeated 3-5 times. It not only burns 250-300 cals in just 30 minutes, it also burns calories for the next 6 to 8 hours. I wear shorts and a tank or tee for this class along with normal running or tennis shoes.

Kickboxing 

Kickboxing is a great way to burn lots of calories and take out your stress. It may sound scary, but no previous boxing knowledge is necessary. Most teachers will do a warmup and training circuit before heading to the cages where they will demonstrate a series of punches. Most instructors will make you repeat that series for about 1 minute and 30 seconds and they will go through 4 or 5 sequences. This class is one of the best stress relievers and you can go at your own pace the whole time. You can really wear any sort of fitness outfit you want, along with tennis shoes, and don't forget gloves!

Power yoga 

For those who say yoga is easy, it is definitely not. power yoga is an awesome wy to build lean muscle, improve balance, and calm the heck down. Power yoga will get you extremely sweaty and your arms will be shaking during the class most likely, but it's all worth it in the end, savasana. In most classes, the instructor will come around with a cold, scented rag to place on your head while you're= laying on the floor. Literally the best part of yoga. I suggest wearing leggings and a tighter fit top. Loose clothing is advised against because you will constantly be fighting with it. Power Yoga burns about 300 calories, a heated power yoga class can burn up tp 500-600.

Hip hop

Hip hop class is by far the funnest class, you just dance! Grab some buddies and don't be afraid to dance it out. Wear shorts or leggings and a tank top or loose tee and tennis shoes or sneakers are suggested. a 1 hour class burns 380-465 calories.

Spin

Spin is a high strung, super fun class. The black lights and the loud music can be intimidating, but it's all fun and sweat. The instructor will take you through a series of songs with different movements to preform while cycling. Who knew there were so many things you could do on a bike? I would suggest wearing leggings and whatever top you want, but I would not suggest shorts because its not comfortable on a bike for 60 minutes ya know. Tennis shoes or bike clip in shoes are suggested. A 1 hour class burns 400-600 calories.

Zumba

Zumba is another great dancing class. It is high energy and just pure fun. The instructor will give you a series of dance movements that you will preform to the music. It is a great way to exercise without feeling like you are exercising. A 45 minute class burns 360-430 calories and any workout attire is acceptable, just something to dance in.

TRX

TRX can be super strange if you aren't familiar with a TRX strap. The TRX equipment is super versatile and the instructor will demonstrate everything you need to know, as they guide you through the class. This class will help burn calories while building lean muscles. Any fitness clothes will do along with tennis shoes. A 1 hour class will burn around 400 calories.

Barre

Barre is a slower paced class focused on building lean muscles and making small muscle-toning movements. No prior ballet experience is necessary and you will definitely be feeling the burn specifically in the legs, butt, and abs. Leggings are advised in most studios and sticky socks or regular socks are also enforced. One class will burn 400-500 calories.

Pilates

Pilates is a class focused on building muscles by making compound movements. Pilates is go at your own pace and burns specific muscle groups.The instructor plans out several series of movements focused on certain parts of the body. I suggest leggings or shorts and a tank with tennis shoes. A 1 hour class burns 350-400 calories.