Yes, I Know I'm Short

Yes, I Know I'm Short

Ultimately, your comments are an insult to my intelligence.

87
Yes, I Know I'm Short
Four-eleven.net

Dear People Who Feel the Need to Constantly Comment on My Height,

I don't know why you don't think it's rude. If you were meeting someone who was overweight for the first time, your first words to them wouldn't be "Wow! You're fat!" (At least I would really hope not.) So why do you think it's OK to do that regarding my height? I am almost 19 years old, and I'm around 4'10"-4'11". If anyone knows how short I am, it's me. I have lived in my body for my entire life. Ultimately, your comments are an insult to my intelligence.

The worst is when you try to diagnose my shortness as some kind of issue, or ask me questions regarding my medical history. Yes, I did hit puberty at 10. Yes, I am a major coffee drinker. But those aren't the reasons why I'm short. I'm short because everyone in my family is short. It's not a medical issue or anything that you should be concerned about. Again, it's just another huge insult to my intelligence.

I love being the height that I am. It's just one of the many things that makes me who I am. However, your incessant remarks can sometimes make me feel like being short is all that I am. And that's not true. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my height. Living in the 21st century, you should have learned by now that different people live in different bodies of all different shapes, colors, and sizes. And with every person, there is so much more than what meets the eye. So please stop feeling the need to pick apart the very first detail you notice.

Sincerely,

A Person Fed Up with Your Remarks