September: A Time for Growth And Renewal

There is something so magical about September. It kicks off the fall season and there is freshness in the air.

53
Unsplash

September is a time for renewal. September is a time to start over and revive, and a time to get reenergized. September happens to be one of my favorite months for this reason. I often think of church when September rolls around, because it is time to start over and create a stronger relationship with friends, co-workers, yourself, and God.

When we’re focused on football games, bonfires, changing leaves, apple cider, and comfy clothes we tend to forget ourselves. We get so caught up in all the fall fun that we forget we need to take care of ourselves first. We put our mental, physical, and spiritual health on the backburner when there are activities we would rather do, but that’s not how it should be. While taking part in social activities such as going to football games or attending a bonfire are important for establishing stronger relationships with friends and the occasional co-worker sometimes you forget to build your relationship with God when there is so much going on. If you have fallen victim to putting your social life before your spiritual life, you are not alone because I have put my social life before my spiritual life more than a few times.

Like most people, I got caught up in all the fall activities and forgot about my relationship with God, but my pastor helped me revive my relationship with God. Every September I seem to forget that my relationship with God comes first, but my pastor reminded me that without God I wouldn’t be here. He allows me to live my life and do the things I enjoy. I realized that without a relationship with God, my life would have no purpose. God puts us all on earth for some reason because He has a plan for us, and while we may not know that plan, He does. Everything I love doing in the fall was only made possible because God created me and all the other people I love sitting around a bonfire with.

There is something so magical about September. It kicks off the fall season and there is freshness in the air. It’s easy to do a self-makeover when the season encourages a clean slate. Life can be hectic and can cause us to forget why we are here, what we are supposed to believe in, or even make us put ourselves on the backburner, but September is a time to start over and revive all of your relationships and if you start strengthening your relationship with God, your relationships with friends, co-workers, and yourself will get stronger.