10 Reasons Why Autumn Is The Best Season

"It's a new season, a perfect opportunity to do something new, something bold, something beautiful."

7953
Flickr

While it is always hard watching summer come to an end, I think that most people can agree fall is a great time of the year. Who doesn't love the beautiful colors of the leaves on trees, pumpkin spice everything, pumpkin carving, or the cool fall weather?

Here are some reasons why I believe that autumn is the best season.

1. Beautiful Colors...EVERYWHERE

This is probably the biggest reason why I love autumn so much. Everywhere you look, is beautiful. Trees changing into colors of red, orange, and yellow. The views of this time of year are so magical.

Not much is better than the crunch of the leaves below your feet as you're walking. Just simply driving down the road and through the countryside is a great way to take in the amazing views that fall brings with it.

2. Pumpkin spice everything.

When autumn comes around, you can find pumpkin flavored everything.

3. Cool Weather= Fall Clothes

Cool weather means you can finally wear jeans, hoodies, scarves, boots, beanies, etc. The weather is perfect, not to hot, and not to cold. Things aren't quite freezing yet, but there is still a nice cool breeze in the air.

4. Football Season

Fall weather means football season is upon us. Football season is a pretty big deal at the university I attend. (Northwest Missouri Sate University has the best DII football team in the nation, so I'd be lying if I said I didn't love football season.)

High school football games..College football games..NFL games. Whether watching it on TV or in person, football is a great way for bonding with family and friends.

5. Bonfires

What's better than cool weather and bonfires with friends? S'mores and a campfire hanging out with friends, is always a great way to spend a night with your friends this time of year.

6. Pumpkin picking and pumpkin carving

A trip to the pumpkin patch is a necessity this time of year. Pumpkins make great decorations, are super fun to carve, and make great memories along the way!

7. Haunted Houses and Scary Movies

I'm not a big fan of either of these, but I always feel obligated to participate in at least one of these activities because Halloween is creeping up.

8. Halloween Movies

Hocus Pocus is one of my favorite Halloween movies, but there are some others that are pretty good. You can typically always find a Halloween movie on TV this time of year.

9. Halloween and Thanksgiving

All of the best holidays are right around the corner. Halloween and Thanksgiving are two pretty awesome holidays, and they both lead up to Christmas.

Halloween is a time when you get to pretend to dress in a costume and be something other than yourself for a night. Not much is better than consuming large amounts of Halloween candy...and having leftovers for the weeks following.

Thanksgiving is a time you get to spend with your family and enjoy tons of delicious food.

10. A Fresh Start

Autumn is a new season and a fresh start. Summer draws to a close and a new school year begins. New memories will be made and old childhood memories will be remembered.

There is just something special about autumn, that will always have a piece of my heart.